PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Rabbit (redone)

Alexandra
02-07-2012, 04:50 AM
I was born in the year of the rabbit..and after viewing IreneShpak and her artwork titled "Squirrel Girl" in Deviant Art- I wanted to try something in reference to my sign.
Hope you enjoy this wild and crazy piece. Thanks for looking.

S5T68IS2TA
02-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Good work Alexandra! Your work here shows what the pupil of the eye sees. Difficult to paint because it's all from the imagination, in the case of the rabbit, yet you achieved it as if you were looking at it and painting at the same time. Nice flesh tones, also difficult to attain in such a manner as you have here.

pat1940
02-07-2012, 05:52 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOO Sandy, this is so good and what a great idea, love this:):):):):):)

kenmo
02-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Very nice work....

D Akey
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I met a few girls who were born in the Year of the Squirrel. :D

Right, Alexandra. . . what can I say but the Playboy Mansion needs to be notified of this costume design. WOOOHOOOO!!!!! :eek::eek::cool::cool::eek::eek:

The teeth are a cute and very funny touch. :D Love the softness of the fur. And I trust no animals were harmed in the making of this picture. . . (I think we have to put that disclaimer in.)

Alexandra
02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
S5T
Pat
Ken
D Akey
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words! ~X~

screenpainter
02-07-2012, 07:36 PM
am I going bananas, or shouldn't her reflection be facing the other way? I like where you are going with it. fun concept.

Alexandra
02-07-2012, 11:32 PM
You know Albert...I thought about that when I made her. I thought maybe it was the old rabbit or the old year left behind-perhaps a new rabbit emerging from the egg.
What do you think? Should it be a reflection of herself or another rabbit? I wanted to make a latch on the window as well. I have several other backgrounds-but didn't know if it too too much away.

Just read your kind crit in PM. Thanks Albert-will try this and upload a revised one this morning before the day is started. Early here.
Our DA mate is quite talented, I have a long way to go, but feel I've improved since I first began in the digital art world. So-please feel free-I am forever learning.:o

limey-g
02-08-2012, 02:47 AM
I really like the concept here and so well painted.
Nice costume.
Geoff

Caesar
02-08-2012, 03:12 AM
Now I see why they enrolled You on Play Boy! :D:cool:
What a witty and brilliant idea! I think it would be great if other ones among us would also portray himself /herself according to the animal of the chinese zodiac corresponding to his/her birth year! :rolleyes::cool:

Peter Pinckney
02-08-2012, 07:28 AM
AHA!!!!

This is why I always bump into you down the Rabbit Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHA! AHA! AHA!

:):):):):):)

:D

screenpainter
02-08-2012, 07:38 AM
I am liking the second one even more because it warmed up a lot. I like your improvements Lexie rhymes with...

Alexandra
02-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I can't help but laugh here. If it weren't for Pat, I would have no female friends commenting on this one! Thanks Pat for not leaving me alone on this one!!!
Hey, when I was drawing her, I wanted to add fur to legs and my husband looked over and said, you've ruined her! I didn't know he was watching. I really wanted to make an animal person...but it ended up like a playboy bunny with an over bite and a red nose. I guess the face doesn't really matter.:eek::o:eek: :D Anyway, he sure liked her.:rolleyes:

Thanks Geoff, I think I may send this one to the mansion. Maybe a commission is in order.:rolleyes:;)

Shhhhh Cesare! I didn't want this info to get out. I changed my life a long time ago.:p:p:p Why don't you add to this one Cesare and draw yourself or a character with your Chinese zodiac sign?:cool:

Hey, I can't help my nature Peter! :p Now I understand more of why I keep going back there!:D

Glad you approve dear Albert. Now let me see...Lexie uh well hum?
Maybe this is an alter ego mid life thing....sexie lexie. Gosh...I could use this on E Harmony.com, ya think?:D

SCP
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I think I agree with Albert,the 2nd one has the wonderful design and does add warmth .Both are very nice but new addition was worth your time and effort, well done Sandy!;):):):)

Alexandra
02-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Scott, I really appreciate that, thanks dear friend!

coops
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM
This is so cute Sandy and so very well painted, well done:)

Alexandra
02-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks dear Katie, I know it is a bit silly, I was in a weird mood I guess.:p:o:p

Syl49
02-09-2012, 04:21 AM
Dear Sandra....I think it's wonderful! As always, you are so creative (and not a "winer"! :D)!!! Syl (Sillybilly60). So good to see your work dear friend...

[/URL][URL="http://sillybilly60.deviantart.com/"]
(http://sillybilly60.blogspot.com/)

Alexandra
02-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Syl, it is so great to see you! (big hug)
Haha, don't know so much about the winer part-I do have my weapy blue moments!:o:p:D
Thanks dear so much friend!

pat1940
02-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Sandy, this one also is fantastic, love it:):):)

gxhpainter2
02-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Sandy.. what a great idea... I like the idea that the reflection is her new self ready to emerge as that shape reminds me of a giant easter egg ( sort of ) and instead of seeing a reflection she is seeing the new... it adds a bit of fantasy and surrealism to the piece... well done !

jibes
02-10-2012, 09:01 AM
I like both of these wild and crazy pieces Sandy!

Alexandra
02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Pat, Gary, and Neal, thanks so much dear friends.