PDA

View Full Version : Work Shop/Pen & Ink

Levi Rodriguez
02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
This is a Pen & Ink workshop from ImagineFX. This is also my first attempt using AR, once I finish the ink layer, the layer underneath was the first inking reduced to 35%. I preferred the visual over the pencil at this moment. I will be applying a light wash and changing the side characters possibly using a Grimms theme. I have added numerous touches as I thought would improve the tree and overall story of the picture.

I hope you enjoy, I haven't been doing art since out of high school (A little over 10yrs since I have touched anything art related). It feels great to be back and trying the digital frontier vs. traditional medium.

screenpainter
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
that is some impressive ink work indeed. well done. great style to it. it also reminds me of the masterful work of Boxy from this forum. you might take a look at his work to get some ideas for the ink washes... his work is brilliant.

Levi Rodriguez
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I am truly humbled to be compared to Boxy. I just finished looking at his collection of works, simply stunning. Thanks again for the kind words.

I regret stepping away from art for so long. I feel like the person who buried the talent because of the lack of trust and faith... Anywho I digress.

I am happy to be with like minded artists and to contribute a gift. :)

Catmandolin
02-11-2012, 07:48 AM
i think you are nailing the ink work. I love to watch people do trees. I will be studying this one. thanks!