PDA

View Full Version : Frozen beauty

silvy
02-06-2012, 06:28 AM
It's cold, much cold and outside there's snow.
A painting inspired by the moment and by a photo I took yesterday from my garden.
Oil, knife and crayons.
Hope you like;)

PS: photo is only for idea and to show what courage may have a rose in February:)

gxhpainter2
02-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Brrrrrrrr..... looks cold...but the painting is lovely and the roses beautiful in their snowy coats..:):)

limey-g
02-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Very nice indeed, strange how you have so much snow and yet here in Canada we have none. The world is going crazy.
Geoff

D Akey
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
What an extraordinary flower in the snow. Lovely connotations. Also your painting is inspired.

justjean
02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Your painting is lovely and the photo is also

and Geoff is crazy, there lots of snow here :D

screenpainter
02-06-2012, 07:39 PM
gorgeous Silvy! you did wonders with artistic license. It is much better than the photo.

Juz
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm delighted with how icy cold it feels despite the warm colours of the flowers themselves :):)

Alexandra
02-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Enchanting dear Silvy.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

JOSEPHINE.EARP
02-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Beautifull....

pat1940
02-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Silvy, you did a fantastic job on this painting, I can feel the cold and ice, and your photo is beautiful also:):):):):):):)

S5T68IS2TA
02-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Silvy, you mastered the art of painting pure ice and that thing has actually left your canvas and made me refresh, for here in Brazil, today, is a HOT 92°. Very nice and beautiful painting! I can't paint a rose or flower for my life.. can someone shed some ideas? Silvy, you do real well with these, can you give me some tippers? Thank you!

Caesar
02-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Non č certo il Generale Inverno a poter fermare la tua arte, anzi, ti ha dato modo di creare una delle pių belle composizioni floreali mai viste in questo forum!

SCP
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Wonderful painting Silvy.:):)

silvy
02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Brrrrrrrr..... looks cold...but the painting is lovely and the roses beautiful in their snowy coats..:):)
Thank you very much gxhpainter, yes it's very cold.:)

Very nice indeed, strange how you have so much snow and yet here in Canada we have none. The world is going crazy.
Geoff
Many thanks Geoff.:)
It's a very strange world. Or ice age is coming?:eek:

What an extraordinary flower in the snow. Lovely connotations. Also your painting is inspired.
Thank you very much D Akey:), that last rose impressed me very much.

Your painting is lovely and the photo is also

and Geoff is crazy, there lots of snow here :D
....maybe he lives in a Canadian city without snow:rolleyes:
Thank you for watching and glad justjean:)

gorgeous Silvy! you did wonders with artistic license. It is much better than the photo.
Thank you Albert, much appreciated:)

I'm delighted with how icy cold it feels despite the warm colours of the flowers themselves :):)
Thank you very much Juz:)

Enchanting dear Silvy.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Thank you very much Alexandra:)

Beautifull....
Thank you very much Jo:)

Silvy, you did a fantastic job on this painting, I can feel the cold and ice, and your photo is beautiful also:):):):):):):)
Many thanks pat, you're very kind:)

Silvy, you mastered the art of painting pure ice and that thing has actually left your canvas and made me refresh, for here in Brazil, today, is a HOT 92°. Very nice and beautiful painting! I can't paint a rose or flower for my life.. can someone shed some ideas? Silvy, you do real well with these, can you give me some tippers? Thank you!
I'm glad to have you refreshed from my painting:), a little envy your climate:rolleyes:. I don't like cold.
I think that the links below can help you with roses:
http://sites.google.com/site/sabenapictures/tutorials/tutorial-4-painting-roses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipj5-gIvcys

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18060

Non č certo il Generale Inverno a poter fermare la tua arte, anzi, ti ha dato modo di creare una delle pių belle composizioni floreali mai viste in questo forum!
Troppo gentile Cesare, ma mi prendo comunque i complimenti. Grazie!!:)

Wonderful painting Silvy.:):)
Thank you very much:):)

coops
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Beautiful photo and beautiful painting Silvy, very well done:)

MaryLou
02-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Ice cold and beautifully warm at the same time... a wonderful painting!

silvy
02-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Thank you very much Katie and MaryLou. You are very kind:)

SusanE
02-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Silvy, I first saw this painting a week or two ago, but it keeps coming back to my mind. So I must comment...I admire the creativity and style you have shown in depicting a rose. Your work is an inspiration for me.

jibes
02-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Beautiful interpretation Silvy!

Mairzie Dotes
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
silvy,
"Frozen Beauty" is just beautiful. The wind swept brush application
really accentuates the atmosphere of a blustery winter day but
never understating the warm inviting colors of the roses. Lovely! :)

silvy
02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Susan:) I am very pleased that you like my roses.
Grazie

Many thanks jibes:)

Mille grazie Marzie:)
think that after all that snow the red rose of the photo is still beautiful.
I'll make a new photo and a paint because her tenacity truly deserves;)