PDA

View Full Version : DIY Paintbox Palettes

alanti
01-18-2007, 03:10 AM
Missing your paintbox palettes? Why not make your own and fill them with your favourite colours :lol:

alanti

PVIllustration
01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Nice tip, now why haven't I thought of that! :)

royblumenthal
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Ah!!!! Brilliant, Alanti!

It solves a problem for me.... I've developed a cartoon strip that I paint every week. And I recently set up a custom palette in ArtRage. But the little colour samples are way too small for me to be able to see the difference between two colours that are similar but completely different.

Using your technique, I can actually give the colours names. I can say, 'SkyBlue' for one shade of blue, and 'DogNoseBlue' for another shade.

Excellent! Thanks!

Blue skies
love
Roy

gollo
01-27-2007, 11:20 AM
good tip :)

I use this colour chart in a similar way

DaveRage
02-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Great stuff! extremely practical =)

jvolkel
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
These look pretty neat. How do you pick up the colors? Do you use the eye dropper tool? I really like the idea of using the Winton color chart. :D

royblumenthal
02-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Hiya jvolkel...

Yes indeed, you do use the colour dropper tool.

o You import the colour chart as a 'reference pic' (under the 'tools' menu, 'open a reference image').

o Size the reference pic to your preferred size, and put it somewhere where it won't interfere with your painting.

o Use the eyedropper tool to pick your colour.

o Select your preferred brush, and away you go.

(Note to ArtRage team... it would be really cool to be able to save whichever reference pics with the ArtRage file, so that when you open it again, the pics are included. Same with the colour palette.)

Blue skies
love
Roy

jvolkel
02-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the guidance Roy! I'll give it a try.

Torley
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Nice idea! Looks so freakin' fun too. I want to give this a spin for myself in the future, I like how they're at diagonals and not totally head-on.

ujwala
03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
what a fabulous idea! thank you! I'm off to make one of my own :D i can now extend my limited palette exercises to my digital work too :D