PDA

View Full Version : A Cleaned Up Speed Paint

Someonesane
01-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Forum member Max_O asked if there was a way to remove the Tracing Layer during the playback of a script file (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38658). I didn't have a script file that used the Tracing feature, to test it, so I started a new painting, where I used the tracing feature, and recorded it with AR's script recorder. After testing if it were possible to hide the tracing layer during playback (it is possible, btw), I decided to finish the image up, so I worked on it some more, but I didn't think to record the detailing work. The image below is the final result.

And here's a time lapse video I made, using the edited script file: Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7xvaSKoTaQ). You'll notice that I removed playbacks canvas rotation, and zooming, as well.

pat1940
01-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Beautiful SOS love the softness of this portrait:):):):)

alf4
01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
haha this is so cool, and the ending of the video is super epic! :)

Someonesane
01-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Beautiful SOS love the softness of this portrait:):):):)

Thanks Pat. I'm glad you like it :)

haha this is so cool, and the ending of the video is super epic! :)

lol, thanks :cool: I was looking for a good way to stick the finished image onto the end of the video, but couldn't come up with anything. So I started messing with different songs to use, and was inspired by the end tones of the music.

Alexandra
01-31-2012, 08:22 AM
How beautiful, wonderful work SOS.

SCP
01-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Very nice work SOS ,like the way you did the lighting ,hair and freckles.:cool::) You have some great videos too.:):):)

Someonesane
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
How beautiful, wonderful work SOS.

Thank you :)

Very nice work SOS ,like the way you did the lighting ,hair and freckles.:cool::) You have some great videos too.:):):)

Thanks :D. Although, I can't really take credit for the lighting, as that is mainly a result from using the tracing feature, used to plot out the initial colors. I just did the clean up work. Glad you like my videos :)

coops
01-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Beautifully painting SOS and such a gentle look on her face:)

Caesar
01-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Wonderful and amazing the way You brilliantly depicted also the freckles on her skin!

screenpainter
01-31-2012, 09:51 PM
loved the movie. wish I could do such portraits with so much success in such a short time. wow. the result is a beautiful portrait and like Cesare I am just amazed at the beautiful job you did on her skin with the freckles. congrats. success.

silvy
02-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Awesome portrait and video:):) GREAT!

Someonesane
02-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Beautifully painting SOS and such a gentle look on her face:)

Thank you Coops :)

Wonderful and amazing the way You brilliantly depicted also the freckles on her skin!

Thanks Caesar. In case you, or anyone else, is wondering about it, I used the Paint Splat sticker sheet, within the Sticker Spray tool, to create the freckles. The sticker sheet was included with ArtRage, so everyone should have that available, but if you'd like the Spray Preset I made for it, you download it here: 63653 (Open the Presets panel, click on the menu tab, and select the option to Import Preset to Collection, to install it).

loved the movie. wish I could do such portraits with so much success in such a short time. wow. the result is a beautiful portrait and like Cesare I am just amazed at the beautiful job you did on her skin with the freckles. congrats. success.

Thanks Albert :cool:. In this case, I bet you could probably pull it off, just as I have. As I mentioned, I used the trace feature to block out the colors, which quickly handles a lot of the work, when it comes to plotting light sources, and colors. I spent far less time on this image, then I did on my zombie image, because for the zombie I had to make everything up from scratch.

Awesome portrait and video:):) GREAT!

Thank you kindly, Silvy :)

limey-g
02-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Wow, such wonderful real skin detail, very well done.
Geoff

molotow87
02-01-2012, 08:04 AM
realy nice. I like it

jibes
02-01-2012, 09:14 AM
So well done!! Enjoyed the Vid too!

Caesar
02-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank You for the "freckles", dear SOS! :)