PDA

View Full Version : Bob Ross Painting: Hidden Delight

Letha
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to Artrage, digital painting, and artistic endeavors in general. Anyway, this is my first painting. I was attempting to follow along with Bob Ross on one of his PBS programs that recently aired.
Letha

iceaxe
01-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Hello Letha
Welcome to the ArtRage Forums!
You are off to a great start, an enjoyable painting to look at too

D Akey
01-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I can feel myself brushing through the thicket. Very golden. Good time to get home and fix some supper. Nice one. And welcome. . . er home.

silvy
01-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Ciao Letha, welcome to AR forum:):)
What a lovely painting, truly golden atmosphere, almost dreamlike.

Letha
01-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Iceaxe, D Akey, & Silvy,
Thanks for the welcome. I had a lot of fun with this. I was very happy I was able to achieve some depth with some of the trees appearing to be off in the distance. I also liked the tree trunks on the big trees in the foreground and the streaks in the wood on the cabin. Also the highlight around the door.

Of course, Bob Ross uses a fan brush a lot to make trees and bushes and for this painting he used his palette knife to drag paint around on the roof. I couldnít quite duplicate the appearance of those techniques but I learned a lot about manipulating the brushes & stickers in Artrage. I even made my own stencil from a photo I took at a local cemetery.
Itís the two big evergreens just right of the cabin.

Well, Iíve got another Bob Ross queued up on the DVR that I havenít watched plus a Jerry Yarnell painting of a wolf on a cliff that I want to try and reproduce digitally using Artrage. I figure if I do a couple dozen of those Iíll get to know Artrage like the back of my hand.
Letha

coops
01-28-2012, 04:44 AM
Such a lovely warm glow to this painting and looking forward to seeing many more from you:)

pat1940
01-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Hi Letha, and welcome to this wonderful forum, this is a wonderful first painting, hope to see many more:):):)

Alexandra
01-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Wonderful painting Letha, welcome!

limey-g
01-28-2012, 03:31 PM
A lovely painting with so much depth, welcome.
Geoff