PDA

View Full Version : Let the pencil run ...

Caesar
01-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Two collections of recent imaginary drawings out of my head at various degrees of finishing.
They have also slightly different styles and approaches, but they require all a reasonably short time to make (from one minute to little more than 15 each).
Hope You like their quite simple and rough appearance.
Obviously there's always someone misogynous who may find these drawings and charming ladies scandalous ... and he was portrayed too among all these women as a sort of punishment (find him).:D

eighty+
01-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Welcome home :D lovely selection of......

....... ah drawings I thought the bloke was Rasputin then thought that

would'nt be a punishment for him more like nourishment :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Chio

gxhpainter2
01-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Caesar...you have quite a talent for sketches...all of these are quite good, I like the quick unfinished look the posing and beautiful characters...:):);););)

Caesar
01-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Dear ATPlus, Rasputin did appreciate women (even too much they say and some women appreciated him for reasons I wouldn't reveal :p). The guy is rather an Iranian Ayatollah in his full "public" wrath in front to such undecency (with so much unveiled hair all over! :mad::p)!
If he survives from a cardiocirculatory strike, I guess he's gonna try to block his Strait of Hormuz, but this may reveal a quite painful resistance ...:D

limey-g
01-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Some very nice sketches there, I really the third one where they are kissing.
Geoff

Alexandra
01-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Great sketches of these pretty ladies Cesare. Yep, the man looks very brutal and sadistic.

jibes
01-26-2012, 06:24 AM
All very good Caesar! And the religious zealot Ayatollah-what's his name, very funny! :):)

pat1940
01-26-2012, 08:30 AM
These are so fantastic dear Caesar, and did you ever let that pencil run:D:D:Dlove all of them:):):):):)

ecuatoriana89kn
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Lovely sketches definitely you let the pencil run, very lovely ladies :) the last 2 are nice, there is just something about the female body I enjoy drawing the curves on the body.

D Akey
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
If you don't do a trashy graphic novel, you'll have missed your calling. These are lurid and just ooze story. . . Noble and humanitarian work. What Nicola Tesla was to Electricity, you are to Women as a natural resource. . . Next year, the Nobel Piece Prize, the Pax Romano.

S5T68IS2TA
01-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Everyone else has just about said it all. That you have talent with drawing sketches, with women, and looks like with a drink or two.. which is what your sketches are making me go and get.. Very well done Caesar!

Caesar
01-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Dear Gary, yesterday I must have missed Your comments by seconds, sorry. Thank You very much. You know I can hardly go abstract with women drawing or painting ... :D

Dear Geoff, I must say that the roughes and quickest sketches I make are frequently enough so good suggesting the scene that I always risk and often get to spoil their effect going more and more on finished versions.
It's proably because when I've got some idea or flash my mind overrides any procedure and golden rules and almost "sees" what I imagined for some time. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! People posing as too much serious, authoritative fanatic and stiff may often conceal some prycho-disorder and may deny to themselves too some sort of violent perversion which gets them stiff elseway ...:D

Dear Jibes, we've got plenty of them almost anywhere. Curiously less here in Italy, and as strange as it may seem to many people because of the Vatican and Church presence in our territory and history. But it's quite clear that our very long and varied history of political, cultural, artistic, scientific deeds and civilization induced a sort of tolerance and wisdom on our people of any class, so as that no fanatism or dictatorship can be deeply rooted and get the worst of human evil, but for a reasonable small percentage of absolute idiots possibly able to row against the currents of reality and history. Thank You!:)

Thank You, dear Pat. What else could an old, silly guy like me make run, but the pencil, the brush and the fantasy? :D

Dear Ecuatoriana89kn, I like drawing and painting anything, but especially solids, animals more than vegetables, monsters more than graceful and sloppy creatures, humans and their bodies (also because of their expressivity) among all the animals and in particula women, who may play the best also supernatural roles, either as angels or demons ... :p I'm glad You share this preference and the delight to draw caressing body curves. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey. Actually I wouldn't disdain what You suggest, on the contrary. The problem is only that I don't know how to possibly get also a market for it, a good way to compel me to make a good job, to perfom and accomplish it with due commitment and quality. Any suggestion on how to proceed getting a good outcome and an editor I shall not pay myself? Up to now I just mad some attempts here with newspapers showing some political vignettes and caricatures and they didn't even answer ...:(:)

Dear S5T68IS2TA, actually a very moderate drinking of wine and some good food are always something appropriate dealing and having good time with ladies, especially with real one. :D Thank You!

coops
01-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Keep letting that pencil run wild Cesare, these are great:)

Caesar
01-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Thank You for "inciting" me furtherly, dear Kathy! :p
I'm only afraid that that black inquisitor priest among those the drawings wouldn't appreciate Your approval and may fancy about earmarking You and Pat for some due whipping. :eek::D

justjean
01-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Caesar, great sketching :D

SCP
01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Great pencil sketches Caesar ,from the passion forced kiss to the lady sitting on the stool, all have the Caesar's trademark style and flair.
Also your sense of humour is there as a bonus.:D
Well done mate.;):):):)

D Akey
01-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Thank You, dear D Akey. Actually I wouldn't disdain what You suggest, on the contrary. The problem is only that I don't know how to possibly get also a market for it, a good way to compel me to make a good job, to perfom and accomplish it with due commitment and quality. Any suggestion on how to proceed getting a good outcome and an editor I shall not pay myself? Up to now I just mad some attempts here with newspapers showing some political vignettes and caricatures and they didn't even answer ...:(:)

These times we live in are mixed, good and bad. There is nothing rare about art. It can be had for a dime a dozen. The way you get any steady money out of it is to work in a place that needs artists a lot, or be a very self disciplined business artist. If you do get hired in a steady place, they treat you like an employee = regular check, benefits and all that. And you can rise up through the ranks. That's very viable.

The freelancer's market is narrow. When everybody looses their jobs, they all want to 'do what they always wanted to' to make a new career. Guess what those things are? - Writing, art, music to name a few. And the financial value drops accordingly, I'm afraid. So you have to hustle and get humanly connected with the people who are either doing or buying art.

The way they are breaking into the music industry from my understanding is to build up interest on the internet for free at first. Build a following and then it takes off from there. You then, by bypassing the corporations, you don't have to get into these screwy deals where you're signing everything away. The down side is that the corporations tend to make things happen. And if you are not with them, you have to make everything happen yourself.

So it's good on some levels working independently, and also it can make it harder to make things happen. If you are spending the whole day trying to make deals, then all you have is the night to do the jobs. That can stretch you thin on a lot of levels. But the good news is you get 100 percent. The bad news is that if you're getting 100 percent of nothing, it's zero.

Being a great artist never hurts. It definitely improves your chances to make it solo. A lesser artist can thrive in a corporate art bull pen situation but will have a tough time on their own.

As to doing good work -- having incentive. . . well, if you have to ask. . . :D it may not be the path for you. Money sometimes runs thin, sometimes it's really good. If not making a lot can stop you, there are much steadier ways to make a living and find the fun in doing art and let that be its own reward. If a graphic novel seems like a drudge, it does not bode well.

Anyway, the world is very different now. Good luck whichever way you go with it.

silvy
01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Congratulazioni Cesare, davvero belli questi schizzi, lascia che la matita scorra sul foglio, dopotutto il mezzo espressivo pi immediato, economico e naturale:)

Congratulations Caesar, these really beautiful sketches, let the pencil on the paper flow, after all, is the most immediate means of expression, economic and natural:)

Caesar
01-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Thank You, dear Jean! To get decent results out of my mind, the secret is to be able to stop when appropriate, I guess ...

Maybe I should turn to monsters too, dear SCP, but Your talent there is quite intimidating. :o Thank You!

Dear D Akey I'm very grateful to You for You wise advices which made me think furtherly thereabout. Thank You.
Actually I would theoretically be competitive because any earning would just be an extra to me, not the only source, insofar I still have a job, so I wouldn't require a "full cost" compensation, but, on the other side, being not a professional working since decades, I don't have a patrimony stored to be quickly and promptly re-used and not even a precise genre and style to focus on as yet; so Your idea was a great help too to wonder thereabout.
Anyway I may always try, through someone, to get in touch with a comics school (there are a couple of very good ones, both in Rome and in Pescara, my smaller hometown). In the latter, among teachers, there are also some quite famous and internationally appreciated artists. Maybe, through some people I know, I may get a contact and some operational suggestion or an idea by them, to possibly exploit what I could do (if found good enough).
The only problem is the time to carry out this plan and/ or to, possobly, find some web channel or be present on either a personal or collective site useful to the purpose of having a "shop-window".

Infatti, cara Silvia, per cui io, non venendo da una famiglia di artisti e non avendo fatto scuole artistiche, essendo molto bravo in un po' tutte le materie, ho mantenuto il disegno (e poi la pittura) come hobby e imparato tutto da solo o con i libri e, ovviamente, il mezzo espressivo di cui disponevo sempre, da quando avevo un anno o meno fino a quando non mi sono attrezzato anche per la pittura (ormai essendo ben maturo), stata la matita. Grazie!