PDA

View Full Version : Old Friends Talk

gxhpainter2
01-23-2012, 08:43 AM
I was inspired by a recent post by MSIE with lots of yellow... kinda of launched off from that.. hope you enjoy my old friends.

Alexandra
01-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes, very much Gary. Your work is always a pleasure to view!

MSIE
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
wherever you get your inspiration from - your paintings are just wonderful, this one is no exception ;)

I love it :)

jibes
01-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes, yellow is good! Color dominance at work. Gary you been busy and I like!

D Akey
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Love it. I really like the colors and shapes and all the first read stuff. It feels polished.

It's like talking to old friends the structure often of which contains similarity, one conversation to the next, reminiscing with variations on the stories, with certain bits getting told and others not needing to be voiced, but which are understood and completed none the less.

And I suppose those old stories take on a life of their own, and perhaps a body form as well, were an artist such as yourself to give it a portrait.

gxhpainter2
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Sandy and MSIE... thanks and a hat tip ;)... glad you don't my launching a work based on inspiration from yours..

Neal... yes sticking to a single ( more or less ) color dominance has a powerful effect on an abstract.. not something I have pursued much but I am seeing the power of it... hmmmm..:):):)

DAkey.. such a wonderful expression of my painters intent on this.. so cool you can verbalize what is wandering around in my head..;):):):D a graphical take on the idea that individuals have a mental-emotional vibe that in native american terms was translated to some animal icon, or a musical type that suits.. and the shared space between old friends has a mental emotional body of its own..

wenkat
01-24-2012, 09:42 PM
What a beauty. I wish I could do a similar one! Very inspiring! :)

Caesar
01-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I love yellow the most among the colors, so I cannot but enjoy very much this one!

silvy
01-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Yes :) yellow is perfect for this season
cheers and illuminates the soul
Lovely work dear gxhpainter;)

coops
01-25-2012, 02:16 AM
This is a great one Gary, I can see a lovely woodpecker chipping away and enjoying the view:)

gxhpainter2
01-25-2012, 04:52 AM
Wenkat, Katie, Silvy, Caesar..I am blushing at all your comments !!..when I did this it really flowed well ... and I felt it was going to be a good painting.. but your comments help confirm that to me... thank you all.:):):);)

screenpainter
01-25-2012, 08:09 AM
super! It's a great little art piece Gary. love it! definitely see the interaction of those two figures. Glad they are talking about art. :) on a more serious note, it is excellent. love the Southwestern look of this one as well.

SCP
01-25-2012, 10:12 AM
This one demands attention! Gary well done mate.;):):)

gxhpainter2
01-26-2012, 05:00 AM
Albert... thanks I really value your comments and crits when given glad you stopped by..:):)

SCP.. thanks , nice to have you stop by and comment.. glad you found this interesting..

pat1940
01-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Supper, wonderful job Gary, love this:):):):):)

eighty+
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
yeah Katie Katie Coops is bang on the nail so u better get that Woody

Woody Woodpecker off your totem pole or u wont have one to dance

round ok from a independent Observer:(:(:(