PDA

View Full Version : Four Trees Two

MSIE
01-22-2012, 02:13 PM
yeah ~ a silly title :D ... oil and some sticker spray, airbrush and paintroller.

comments and critic welcome as always! I hope you like it, thanks for looking :)

[click to enlarge]

silvy
01-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I like it very much:).
Color and shape and four trees, whole landscape....but what's 'two' of title? I'm curious;)

coops
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
The title may be quirky but the painting is astounding. I admire this new style of yours, well done:)

gxhpainter2
01-23-2012, 05:40 AM
really nice.. I agree with Katie.. I love the quirky title .. I like your use of a simple pallete , and smooth shapes really a nice combination of the blue line.small red squares and blue trees... framed in red.. a stunning piece..!..

pat1940
01-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Like it a lot MSIE, agree with all:):):)

MSIE
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
silvy ~ thank you :) actually I don't know about the "two" in the title :confused: it just came to my mind ....

coops, gxhpainter, pat ~ thanks for looking and commenting, much appreciated! :)

jibes
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I could find some faults with it like the regularity of the 4 trees and the horizontal split down the middle but still it's quite a stunner and would look good upon any wall! Great job!!

MSIE
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
jibes ~ thank you for mentioning the two major "faults" of this painting! :)

having read tutorials about art and painting and such, I actually know theoretically that splitting an image in the middle and using an even number of elements both usually are considered as a no-no ;)

although when looking at this painting from far away - focusing on those four blue trees - then switching my focus to the blue line on top of the painting, I noticed that there were "shadows" of the trees just below the line .. ghost trees so to speak :D ... imaginary trees which I liked very much :) (orange on yellow background)

so perhaps this is where the title comes from: four trees, two different visualisations ... :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

D Akey
01-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Interesting combination. Like all the pertinent elements in the landscape are there, but seen through a graphic artist's lens. I would happily expect to see this kind of thing as a stylization for an animation piece and/or a music video. Would give the story an interesting flavor. It would transmit the viewpoint character's (or singer/songwriter's) persona by way of visually identifying a particular kind of artistic voice, gorgeous in it's unfettered simplicity and expectations of harmony. The further imagery could be very interesting as we moved through the various locations and situations.

Nice image.

wenkat
01-24-2012, 09:39 PM
You are absolutely correct from the aspect of visualization. I like the whole composition with striking colors and textures! Real eye candy and I love it!:)

screenpainter
01-26-2012, 02:28 AM
welcome to minimalism. congrats on a cool piece.

Alexandra
01-26-2012, 03:56 AM
I love this, great work!

Caesar
01-26-2012, 04:25 AM
This is a really beautiful one and I was particularly attracted and puzzled by the little red mosaic tesserae and their fainter shadows aside.

MSIE
01-28-2012, 08:29 AM
wenkat, screenpainter, Alexandra, Caesar ~ thank you for your kind comments, much appreciated! :)

I would happily expect to see this kind of thing as a stylization for an animation piece and/or a music video.
D Akey ~ thank you! that sounds like a great idea ... except for the fact that I usually don't really "know" how I created a certain "style" .. it just "emerges" while playing with ArtRage .. and as soon as it's done, I've already forgotten how it was made :D :o

SCP
01-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Very cool MSIE ! Great use of colour and clever design.;):)