PDA

View Full Version : Malawian Girl

Zeropainter
01-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Helo, in the last days I painted my Malawian dreamgirl ;)
Hope thats a good work, thats my second protrait after a long time with Artrage, some effects are with filterforge (background) and with old KPT Plugins (Clothing).

D Akey
01-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Nice. You really communicate a personality into this, no? Sweet girl, clear expression. So you got that happening. Well done on that. Nice color scheme.

May want to consider that since this is a very soft featured figure that you consider softening some of the edges as well. I remember when I first started doing airbrush that I had to always be mindful of how the friskets were often creating razor sharp edges. But this is a simple mechanical issue and not about all the other cool stuff you have going on.

What you do have going as a portrait artist is what's important. And that part is very successful.

mannafig
01-15-2012, 12:08 AM
I think she looks lovely.
As a suggestion you could try a cropped version of just her face
as your painting skills are very good here and she has such a beautiful face:)
On the whole a very lovely portrait:):)

Zeropainter
01-15-2012, 12:18 AM
I didnt used Airbrush a lot, only for shadows, and softing edges, with the smudge or blur-pencil. But with the whole skin, I did also used a soft selection and the blur filter too.

And as the last great Step I did a copy of the body-layer -> blur effect with 2 pixels, and did set it with luminance layer-blending ;) and after this I did erased the eyes, the lipps, clothes, some edges and so on ;)

thnx for the comments, i will ask her, if it is allowed to show the origin photo here :)

Juz
01-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Yay KPT :D
Wonderful painting, loving those lips :):)

Zeropainter
01-15-2012, 01:18 AM
yeah, thnx, a good help was also this portrait-tutorial

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17588&highlight=portrait+tutorial (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17588&highlight=portrait+tutorial)

and this, for hairs

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26311

and also this - coz of hairs, but I need more training, it was real my second portrait painting, and I didn't used a pixel from a photo, only for raytraycing, color picking and as refernce :)

coops
01-15-2012, 05:26 AM
An excellent portrait, well done:)

Zeropainter
01-15-2012, 08:15 AM
here are a croped version of her face :)

jibes
01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Excellent Portrait! But yes, soften her dress and she will smile. :)

mannafig
01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Beautiful she has beautiful eyes and this crop
really shows off your talent Brilliant:):)

Zeropainter
01-16-2012, 12:50 AM
He he thanks, but it was also a result from a experiment, I painted the eye, and some simple white reflections like in the tutorial, than I did make a clear new layer, and I painted only a black circle with the airbrush, and this layer I just did blend with the "overlaying" (Ineinanderkopieren) layer-blend method.the last was my experiment :rolleyes:

silvy
01-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Very lovely portrait:):)

Zeropainter
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
here I will you all show also the original photo ;)
These the best qualitiy, and a lot of my image I did paint as I paint.

pat1940
01-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Beautiful portrait and a very beautiful model, wonderful job:):):):)