PDA

View Full Version : Blind Pew(From Treasure Island)

jacktar51
01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Here's another go at Blind Pew from Treasure Island...Just my impression of what he might have looked like.....Jack.

mannafig
01-14-2012, 03:35 AM
Great portrait dear Jack though I can't say that I would like to meet him;):D:D:):)

coops
01-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Thats great Jack, well done:)

pat1940
01-14-2012, 06:13 AM
I agree with Amanda Jack, great work and texture:):):):)

jibes
01-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Blind in one eye and can't see out the other. :eek::):) Nice job!

D Akey
01-14-2012, 09:00 AM
You certainly thought through the ways one could loose an eye as a pirate and made the face read it. The head looks great. Nice detail.

The hand could do with a little more finesse on the shadows. In the case of that hand where the idea is revealing character through his expression and pose, you may want to design it a little less mechanical way unless you want to really draw attention to it.

When I look at it, I see one finger, two fingers, three fingers four fingers like counting picket fence marks. They appear in a row separated by about the same amount of shadow and light as if you're listing them.

The general idea of having a hand clasping his cane or staff is cool, because that kind of pose is a classic way of sitting when active in the mind and perhaps ready to tell a tale. But the fingers could be held differently with a little more (or less) tubular repetition. And if he's passing the paper with the black spot, then I would feature the hand not cropped off like this.

But that face is really great! The guy's seen action.

Alexandra
01-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Love love love this story, and great illustrative work of this character Jack!