PDA

View Full Version : Glass Houses

Alexandra
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking.

D Akey
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Nice to be reminded that my neighbors are just a stones' throw away, but I dare not, not with all this glass about.

Thought provoking. Hope the New Year is treating you and yours well.

AT-TA
01-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Geometric object and lovelines of the blooming trees are going so well together. Very interesting and lovely. :)

J Witt
01-08-2012, 06:11 PM
hope they have basements. Very nice painting.

coops
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Thats so different Sandy and very thought provoking. well done:)

gxhpainter2
01-09-2012, 05:21 AM
Sandy... very interesting... the combination of the geometric with the subtle organic tree and sky.. the use of black, white grays in the houses calls to mind those who see the world in simple black and white and are intolerant of other views..I don't know if that what your intention but that with the title lead me to that..

Suha
01-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Nice idea,,Great use of texture and desig:)

silvy
01-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Very lovely Sandra:), an interesting contrast between trees and geometric houses.
....with a taste of spring ;) always a pleasure!

Alexandra
01-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Small doors to enter with difficulty,
but huge windows to see what we want to see.
Not always what we think things are, and very difficult to get to know others at times finding out in the end who we truly are.
Kind of relative to "do not judge a book by its cover combined with walk a mile in his or her shoes kind of thing. I've learned so much while being here and most of all have learned much about myself. I've changed my opinion of so many issues.
Thanks dear mates for your kind comments and taking a look! Always appreciated, and always a pleasure:
D Akey, AT, J Witt, Katie, Gary, Suha, and Silvy-XO!

jibes
01-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Sandy, well said! It's a pleasure to have you here with us!
I can't help it but this painting reminds me of an older computer platform game. That's good because it's different than I would have expected. Very unusual.

Alexandra
01-10-2012, 02:32 PM
How nice of you Neal, many thanks dear friend. I never know what is going to pop out of this brain. This one was fun. Again, thanks so much!

Caesar
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
A quite meaningful composition with the architectural structure vaguely reminding Enscher and his visual paradoxes reflected in logics too.:cool:
The paradox exist here too although it's rather in the mystery surrounding the people, all of us I guess, which aren't but dark silhouettes (very well skecthed) which seem to tell You much about themselves, but You eventually discover that You can only see or guess their exterior appearances and acts, practically what they wish to show You or You wish to see, while their inner substance is possibly concealed, to themselves too. And this part is much in line with what You may find in the theater pieces of Luigi Pirandello, a nobel prize and one of the greatest author in modern times, living across the XIX and XX century.
You did a quite impressive statement, didn't You?:eek::)

Alexandra
01-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Hello Cesare, it is great to have you back, and thank you for your kind and generous reply dear friend.

Alexandra
01-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Hello Cesare, it is great to have you back, and thank you for your kind and generous reply dear friend.