PDA

View Full Version : Vestige

Peter Pinckney
01-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Finally got connection back (although a lot slower than before................but then life IS slower here in the countryside) ..........the village I've moved to is called Fontenilles and it's quaint..........the church clock is about the loudest sound we hear..........and here comes quaint.........it sounds the hour EXACTLY on time...........and then does the same thing two and a half minutes later.
It's intrigued me so much I've invented a little story to explain it to myself.....see......Serge Garbenau was the horlogiste who maintained the clock but sadly he passed away two years ago.... and he hadn't passed on his knowledge to anyone else..........so the village decided to leave things as they are in honour of old Serge......all nonsense of course but I like it.

A Happy New Year to All!

jibes
01-08-2012, 09:38 AM
A great image Peter! And a great story too. Glad you like your new home.

gxhpainter2
01-08-2012, 10:00 AM
peter... sounds like a great place to live.... post a few pics when you get a chance...:):)

D Akey
01-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Fly the country skies of Monseur du Pinckney. I can see you are back like clockwork. . . more or less clockwork, hahaha.

Good seeing you again Pete. Glad the move completed and you're up and running again.

Alexandra
01-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Happy New Year dear Peter!

AT-TA
01-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Beautiful sky.... and All the best in the New Year.

coops
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
A happy New Year to you too Peter and wish you happiness in your new home. Love the warm colours in your painting:)