PDA

View Full Version : HE -Blue Herd

gxhpainter2
12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Hard Edge herd moving slowly into the sunset....;)... or something to that effect... hope you enjoy this :):)

D Akey
12-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Such depth! Great effect. Pleasing colors and arrangement/composition/design etc. Working very well. Looks like many things are simultaneously happening. Multi-dimensional feel. Well done!

AT-TA
12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Beautiful, Gary, the coloring is awesome.:)

alkratzer
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
One of your best Gary -- a lot of things working well together -- color, layers, geometry, texture. Very nice! Al

kenmo
12-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Your mind must be on overtime to come up with these magnificent designs... Another fantastic painting.....:):):)

gxhpainter2
12-30-2011, 04:12 AM
D Akey... thanks for the supportive comments... I was thinking that HE artists pushed for the flat 2D... with digital work and transparency you can get an "impression" of depth even with 2D geometric shapes.. without resorting to volume modeling of tones to imply shape.. anyway just a thought..

Al, AT-TA and Kenmo thanks I am glad you like this one ..at first I was unsure about it but the colors seemed to resonate, and the shapes while more complex that a stricter HE style seemed in this work to fit together well... you never know sometimes where a work will take you even when you have a firm idea in mind at the start..:cool::cool::):):D

pat1940
12-30-2011, 08:06 AM
OMG Gary, what depth you have in this, I see so much in this painting, how do you ever do it, the colors are so beautiful and the design is magnificent, your brain is working overtime, needless to say I LOVE this one:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):): ):):):):):)

VanityX
12-30-2011, 08:14 AM
This is really very beautifull !!! Such nice colors, shapes and depth that keeps you looking at it...

gxhpainter2
01-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Pat and VanityX thanks for your kind comments..always nice to do a painting that provokes a response in another. other than bewilderment. ;);):)

screenpainter
01-01-2012, 05:19 AM
that's a very pretty piece Gary.

hinket
01-01-2012, 06:30 PM
The colours immediately had me thinking "New Mexico,"
with a feeling that one is moving through various
spaces/times of the state.
(Course only my impressions from photos I've seen of the place.):)

Lovely to look at.