PDA

View Full Version : Fires of Time

gxhpainter2
12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
seem to burn away so many things in our lives.... hope you enjoy, please feel free to comment. ;)

iceaxe
12-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Of all your paintings that I am familiar with, I like this one the most! I dont know why exactly. Maybe someone else might know :D

Caesar
12-15-2011, 11:42 PM
The most beautiful and elegant set of ashes left by time in our memories after burning our past days and events ... Great!

gxhpainter2
12-16-2011, 04:22 AM
iceaxe...:):)...I don't think anyone could explain it to you.. that is a big part of the magic and mystery of abstracts -at best it registers it's meaning a little differently with everyone and for some it strikes something deep, like a familiar smell or sound like being in the woods and hearing the wind in the trees, the sounds of a stream the stillness of a mountain. Of those things I am sure you are well acquainted. :):):):cool:

Caesar.. yes you have perceived the heart of this work... that is a great sharing of communication.. :):):cool:

Alexandra
12-16-2011, 04:36 AM
We do indeed dear Gary. It is nice though in those all too rare moments when we find peace and reflect upon our blessings.
Another beautiful abstract!

kenmo
12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Always enjoy your abstracts. Excellent stuff my friend....

gxhpainter2
12-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Sandy and Kenmo.... thanks so much for your support this year.. it means a lot..

jibes
12-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Gary, I am liking this very, very much.

gxhpainter2
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Neal... thanks for your support and constructive crits, I always look forward to seeing your new works or comments on mine... Happy Holidays !...

coops
12-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Great colours and textures Gary:)

gxhpainter2
12-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks Katie.. glad you stopped by and commented... Happy Holidays to you and your family!..:):)

P. D. Dinkles
12-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Brilliantly conceived this theory of time you propose. I have not encountered a better theory of time, past, present, future, and their boundaries. Once before me I began to recognize the simplicity and beauty the theory holds. My Dad would have said, "If it was a snake, it would have bit you." Great discoveries are sometimes like that.

Maybe you can paint, "The Theory of Everything". But keep it short.

Wanted you guys to know I am still with you.

eighty+
12-17-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah me and brain hired one of those wing glider's so we could zoom around

into the corner's and dark hidden place's brain liked the tile effect even if we

nearly come a cropper swinging to and through to miss the wires I liked the

colour's as for abstract :eek: dunno all we could see was a big GZ what does

that mean :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

alkratzer
12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
The organic and geometric really come together well in thi one Gary -- Bravo! Al

screenpainter
12-18-2011, 02:35 AM
though I don't see the fire correlation I do like the piece and the use of windows... maybe windows of time? great piece though.

gxhpainter2
12-18-2011, 05:27 AM
First off let me thank eighty :), PD :), Alkrazer :) and screenpainter :) I am glad you all liked this piece and left a comment. The "fires of time" idea came to me as I was reflecting on how as time progresses in our lives so much is "burned" away, some of the posturing and bravado of youth, and as pets, friends, and family pass away they leave their mark on our character.These fires gradually burn away leaving the central core - so the geometry imposed on the organic as Al pointed out. The greens and blues are the spirit of life left that while not as extravagantly lush and green and when young it is still present with a different kind of strength. I guess this is a bit complicated but it was the force behind this work.. thanks everyone for commenting.

PD good to see you back and checking in on us..

damasocl
12-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Great painting!
Congratulations!!!