PDA

View Full Version : Winterfest Art Show Entry

Judith Tramayne
12-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Put this painting on a 20 X 16 giclee canvas and entering it into our Winterfest Juried Art Show tomorrow. Yes, there is now a category for digital art (smile).

jibes
12-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Beautiful Judith! A great design. Glad to hear the news about the show.
Where or how do you get it printed and do you need to do any special processing to have it done?

gxhpainter2
12-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Judith...really a powerful and colorful image... very well done.. you will do the digital art section proud with this entry !.

Judith Tramayne
12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Jibes,

Didn't have to do any special processing. I have View Sonic Monitors so color calibration right out of the box is great and when printed, my painting looked exactly like what was on my Monitor.

I've been using View Sonic for years. I remember seeing a huge difference between the monitor that came with my computer and the View Sonic. I now only use View Sonic.

iceaxe
12-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Please tell how it goes! I think you will attract some new converts, (you could almost hide a wee microphone in the back of the painting and we could listen at this thread :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mannafig
12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Beautiful:):)

Judith Tramayne
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Well, I spent all day yesterday helping to hang over 162 entries into our Winterfest Art Show. Yes we have a lot of local artists. In fact, we have an Art Guild which is quite active.

Anyhoo, we got into another "discussion" about digital painting. At least this time I wasn't yelling at the chairman (LOL).

We have a semantics problem. Or at least he does (wink). My paintings were put in the category of Photographs, Digital, Manipulated.

Well needless to say I don't like the word Manipulated nor are my paintings photographs because I paint every dang stroke.

A really "with it" Photographer came in later with a huge 30 X 50 photo which is manipulated. A beautiful piece. We got into a discussion and I showed him my paintings.

So he stated loud enough for the chairman to hear "that what I did was a painting and should not be put into the Photography category."

What ensued was a two hour discussion between the chairman, the President of the Art Guild who puts on the show.

Me, I stepped out of the discussion because the photographer was presenting my case better than I could so I got back to hanging the art work.

Maybe next year there will be an entirely different category for digital paintings.

Actually, my feeling is the Categories should be:

Painting: Traditional and Digital
Photographs: Film, Digital and Manipulated (photos that use filters)
Sculptures
Mixed Media for a combination of 2D and 3D art works

We shall see (smile).

Bobbyray
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Sweet, good luck..... that is gorgeous....
ps> check your PM ;)

Caesar
12-07-2011, 02:50 AM
A bit early for Carnival, but a gorgeous mask for sure!

pat1940
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Great piece Judith and wish you the best of luck:):):)

justjean
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Lovely, bright and colourful :)

screenpainter
12-07-2011, 10:25 AM
yeah! you go girl. congratulations.

Judith Tramayne
12-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks, I do tend to make a lot of noise "when I want my way" (LOL) Just trying to bring our Art Guild into this century.

Alexandra
12-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Great going Judith, and fantastic painting. Bit short on time this morning to read all of your comments, but I commend you on your efforts with this issue. I have tried to inform people I know on digital art. For some reason it is a bit like the kindle or digital readers, if there isn't a physical object in your hand, it isn't a book, or if you don't hold a brush in your hand and have the canvas and paints, it isn't real.

runningbull
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi Judith,
Very Nice painting, and congrats on the modernization to at least include digital works.

Clearly, what you do, and what most ArtRage-rs do, is digital painting. Not a photograph by any definition. And "manipulated" does have an inappropriate connotation. Manipulated images can be art, but clearly this art director has some baggage.

Nice to see that the photographer stood up for rationality.

This all takes time. Meanwhile, you have been very much a giving person. I've had my Mom watch your videos on our big screen TV. It helped me to get her to try some ArtRage drawing.

You're a part of that joy for her, and treasures her grandkids will enjoy!

Judith Tramayne
12-12-2011, 06:34 AM
So glad she is using ArtRage. It is, in my opinion, the Number 1 painting program I've ever used. And, it just keeps getting better.

I'm getting closer to getting my way. After this show, I do believe there will be a digital painting category.

There was real interest in how I did my painting last night at the Art Show reception. Especially when I mentioned there was no need for all the equipment (brushes, smelly paints, frames if you use gallery wrap canvas). Yup, I'll convince them one artist at a time (smile).