PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten

gxhpainter2
11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
a sense of the writings and symbols of the past and its architecture over laid with traces of the present.

hypotaxis
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
That's pretty interesting Gary. Like a dream sequence. It makes me think of Jung!

kenmo
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Love the subtle color palette... very nice!!!!

justjean
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Gary, a lovely combination of colours, textures and shapes

Caesar
11-28-2011, 11:18 PM
This one is very delicate, sophisticate in a way. It's absolutely wonderful in my opinion with all these measuered and subtle composition of elements.
I see here elegance and class.

gxhpainter2
11-29-2011, 09:39 AM
hypotaxis... thanks for your interest... I have not received a comment from you before so Hello! and thanks :);)

Caesar, Kenmo and Jean... thanks I am glad you like the grays and muted tones. I was trying to get the effect of an ancient wall with the mark and traces of the passing millennium...with the graffiti of the modern day..

screenpainter
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
loving the texture of the canvas with the muted colors. it's definitely not boring. not sure if it delivers the same impressions as your description :), but very enjoyable and visually entertaining. at first glance I thought the upper left rectangle brush strokes were out of harmony, but somehow you managed to make it harmonize. I also liked the brush strokes that appear to be entering the piece from another place.