PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Song

gxhpainter2
11-25-2011, 01:12 PM
taking part of an earlier work and enlarged a section to reveal its own character and design... hope you enjoy.

Caesar
11-26-2011, 01:05 AM
It's a very nice "landscape" of Your magnificent and rutilant world, dear Gary. I noticed that an avalanche is rumbling and rolling on the left slope of the mountain!

gxhpainter2
11-26-2011, 07:13 AM
thanks Caesar, you are always a consistent source of comments and observations on my work and for that I am most appreciative....;) I printed this at 24"x24" and it came out great .. rich colors and as you say very tasty!.. I have found that some images that look great on the screen sometimes are a bit lacking the same energy and luster when printed ( even if the colors etc are spot on) I am not sure why I think some compositions just scale better than others...:cool::cool:

Tony867
11-26-2011, 02:14 PM
another very good one, Gary!

jibes
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Stunning! Very great stuff Gary!

gxhpainter2
11-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Tony and Neal... thanks.... I have been practicing a bit of "creative cropping" and finding all kinds of new things in some of my older work..the interesting thing I found was that even if I just crop/select a small section when I transform it to fit a large full size image it retains its sharpness and didn't pixelate the way I thought it would..:D