PDA

View Full Version : Rembrandt's Night Watch (437 x 363 cm) fully ArtRaged

Briex
11-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I was very excited to investigate how Rembrandt's Night Watch would like like when I ArtRage it in a loose impressionistic style. I have painted this ArtRage piece on 109 x 90 cm size. Afterwards I applied an old canvas structure on top of the entire painting.

http://www.briex.eu/DeNachtwachtRembrandtbyBriex.jpg

Caesar
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM
You did a really awful work with reference to this absolute masterpiece in art history and You work replicates pretty well the original one seen at enough distance where brush strokes are not apparent (thus the impressionistic approach). Bravissimo!
I was, in my similar past exercises, and still am also glad to realize that there isn't any different style that may ever improve the greatest classical masterpieces by the top ranking painters ever, notwithstanding all the concurrent support we may have by virtual tools or advanced technologies for colors, brushes etc. ... and this painting and Rembrandt are certainly in the limited list of the very best in painting history, whatever else any marketing effort may differently esteem and get in auctions.

coops
11-13-2011, 01:40 AM
b r i l l i a n t!!!!!!:)

gxhpainter2
11-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Briex, an unusually fine work !... a dramatic subject and a good arena for your virtuoso brushwork... really love this !..... hope you are inspired to try a few others as well.

jibes
11-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Mr Briex, these "After" paintings are a great way to get some idea of the masters use of composition and technique. Great job by you!