PDA

View Full Version : picture from past

Mike Severoff
11-09-2011, 05:14 AM
1914, picture from past
..By the war's end, four major imperial powers—the German, Russian, Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman empires—had been militarily and politically defeated and ceased to exist.
The successor states of the former two lost a great amount of territory, while the latter two were dismantled entirely.
The map of central Europe was redrawn into several smaller states..

coops
11-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Beautifully painted and deeply emotive, well done Mike:)

gxhpainter2
11-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Mike. what a great painting of the historical past that had a major impact on millions of lives and still does..:):)

Tony867
11-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Well painted Mike. A very evocative piece.

Gaia
11-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Well done Mike, my respect.

AT-TA
11-09-2011, 10:39 AM
It looks like the first warld war ....very well done Mike. :)

JMMK
11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Well done how you have painted the emotions in your painting.

Caesar
11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
An highly pensive painting.
In Europe it was just the historical continuation of the evolution and fights towards national states against empires or wider political entities which happens whenever each empire lose its cultural and economical power, attractiveness and pre-eminence as a good model of life and society, thus also its political, ideological and mythological appeal to keep people united.
In Europe nationalisms got progressively stronger since the XV century, with the first national kingdoms first and the others following in the centuries thereafter (it's so again after the European federation hopes at the end of WWII and again after the Soviet Union collapse).
This centrifugal evolution was in the past centuries much favoured by hugely supported external growth of some countries through colonialism and imperialism (no matter their political color, predominant religion or ideological and government system).

GekkouJin
11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
ideed a nice painting !
as I posted on Coops her painting,
they made our future !