PDA

View Full Version : African sketches

Caesar
11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
This time no feminine models.
I hope some of the mates won't be disappointed for this :D. It doesn't imply the need of a change of taste for anyone to be possibly appreciated (neither for me :p).
Anyway these are several styles I tried for sketching in a quite quick way.
BTW, they're all imaginary sketches.

coops
11-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Very expressive, well done Cesare:)

eighty+
11-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One .... Don't look like Obama to me ???

Must have most of his Muscle in his Brain I reckon YEAH :D:D:D

Caesar
11-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! I'm favourably impressed by what You may easily enough get from certain pencils, chalk and, in case, sheet settings for quick enough sketching figures.

Dear ATPlus, that's why everybody's selling Obama as the first black U.S. President, but it's not true. He's as much black as white, considering his parents. Actually he's half African (in direct line) and half Caucasian, as they amusingly define more or less all us paler western guys, even if most of us don't even know where those mountains and area are ... :D
The ones I drew are, in my imagination, either truly subsaharian african or north african (100% I mean).
Africa, the mankind cradle, has both genetically and as appearance the most varied list of types and features among its populations than any other continent, no matter if this may be not so evident because they all have more or less darker skins than aboriginal European o Eastern Asian.
OMG, another lecture! :eek: Thank You! :p

limey-g
11-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Nice sketches Caesar, I like how you highlighted the muscle tones.
Geoff

justjean
11-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Great sketching, Caesar

eighty+
11-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One if that the cradle of life we must have crept out

Pretty sharp as not to get sunburnt. O M G. I like that :D even thou

I'm a non believer :cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Caesar... great sketches... from your imagination that is very impressive as they are quite well done.. I like the way you cropped them too.. :cool::cool:

Evil Robot
11-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Great sketches. I think you really got the character in each sketch down. When a lot of people draw an African man they just draw a white guy with brown skin. You really nailed the features in the faces great job.

Tony867
11-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Caesar, have to agree with everyone else above me here, great sketches.

Strandy
11-09-2011, 09:12 AM
I like these guys. I have no expertise in subsaharian to north african comparisons, but even if they were several thousands years old, they could still be our ancestors. After all, we all came from Africa, as the newest research says. It's kinda comfortable thought, to have ancestors portraits... Particularly if they are so well done :cool:

Gaia
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Finally some naked guys:D:D:D Lovely sketches, I especially liked the first two:)

AT-TA
11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Love the poses and the shades of their skins... and a different face profiles...great sketches as was already many time said.:)

Caesar
11-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Thank You, dear Geoff! The reason why I tend to often enough paint darker skinned men is also because it's somehow easier to work volumes by tones, thus making anatomically more credible and enjoyable body shapes.

Glad You like them, dear Jean. Thank You!

About the African origin of mankind, dear ATPlus the Old, You don't need to be a believer, just not a picturesque and naif self-made biblist and creationist, thus giving some credit to both Darwin and the Paleoanthropological science discoveries! :p Anyway the sun, once protected from UVs, is good for the bones and a few more systems.

Thank You, dear Gary! Since they were quick drawings without any sort of appropriate background and space around , rather than take time at building them, I though that it would have been better to have some sort of framing by cropping and rotating to keep the focus on them ...

You know, dear Evil Robot, in the last couple of decades at least we had so many immigrants coming from so many places abroad here in Italy too, that I got much more familiar with once quite exotic features. Moreover we used to be since millennia a sort of melting pot of so many populations either regionally and from all other ones from all over Europe, North Africa and Middle East, that we already had here a particularly wide range of people typologies, skin, hair, eyes and other features in the various places of our peninsula even before recent significant immigrations.
Thank You!

I'm glad for Your so positive comment, dear Tony. Thank You!

Dear Standy, what is not that clear is if our ancestors (native European I mean), coming out of Africa, made also a stop somewhere in the Middle East to then go both towards Eueope and northern India ... :p. Anyway I read on a National Geographic issue that Stonehenge (thus much later, but very long ago) was a sort of sanctuary possibly attended by people from all over Europe (I guess Ice Age helped crosing the channel). They even found the burial of an apparently important guy (an archer with golden rings) who came from our Alps! Thank You!

Dear Gaia, thank You very much for Your appreciation.
I couldn't go any further with their nudity though, otherwise they would have been hurled down in the underworld of the After 9 o' clock Section.:D

Thank You, dear Anna! I'm not always so successfully and convincing in my imaginary drawings, but sometimes I get the right intuitions and settings easing me very much in the process too.

Saphire
11-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Great sketches Ceasar, excellent muscle definition with the shadows and highlights.

Caesar
11-10-2011, 05:04 AM
Thank You, dear Saphire! This is the easiest way to keep my muscles toned. :D