PDA

View Full Version : Landscape painting

Gaia
11-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Inspired by the incredible Mr Briex I tried to do a landscape painting today. I chosed to work after a holiday picture from Denmark, from the small coastal town Løkken.
This is finger painted on my iPad. I am happily back in childhood again, finger painting :-D

D Akey
11-04-2011, 06:43 AM
So economic yet so perfect.

Between this and the dog paintings I can see your style, and it's really a joy to see how few marks you need to make something look so great.

Virtuoso performance. :):):)

eighty+
11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Yep. Mac has said it all. Ok. Gaia

justjean
11-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Looks great :)

Caesar
11-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Here too You confirm Your considerable talent and skill. You also captured the northern atmosphere pretty well in this landscape. Excellent!

Gaia
11-05-2011, 02:24 AM
So economic yet so perfect.

Between this and the dog paintings I can see your style, and it's really a joy to see how few marks you need to make something look so great.

Virtuoso performance. :):):)

Thanx a lot D Akey, I'm still surprised how you can use the colours and brushes as if you painted 'in real', or how you say in english...!?

Gaia
11-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Yep. Mac has said it all. Ok. Gaia

Thanx a lot!

Gaia
11-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Looks great :)

Thanx 'justjean' , I feel like it was x-mas:-) This is so fun.

Gaia
11-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Here too You confirm Your considerable talent and skill. You also captured the northern atmosphere pretty well in this landscape. Excellent!

Thanx 'Ceasar', the light in Italy must be superb to paint. Here in Sweden everything is dull and gloomy for the moment.

gxhpainter2
11-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Gaia.. a nice seascape...you have a very nice color sense everything works into a nice harmony with minimum fuss... in this you can sense the cool air and bright sun... very nice work.:)

limey-g
11-05-2011, 06:46 AM
That is really lovely, you have to be very talented to work on an iPad , I use one but not for painting just normal things.
Well done
Geoff

coops
11-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Thats such a peaceful and beautiful place to be, well done on a great painting Gaia:)

Gaia
11-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Gaia.. a nice seascape...you have a very nice color sense everything works into a nice harmony with minimum fuss... in this you can sense the cool air and bright sun... very nice work.:)

Thanx 'gxhpainter' for your nice words. I would very much like to paint the small village where I live, but I'll wait till the snow.

Gaia
11-05-2011, 09:05 AM
That is really lovely, you have to be very talented to work on an iPad , I use one but not for painting just normal things.
Well done
Geoff

Thanx Geoff, I actually think that the iPad has advantages in that you can use your fingers which are the most natural way to paint :-) Have you tested?

Gaia
11-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Thats such a peaceful and beautiful place to be, well done on a great painting Gaia:)

Thanx 'coops', it was really a wonderful place to spend a week in early spring.

Gaia
11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Two other paintings from the same sea coast in Denmark.

Evil Robot
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Excellent works, you're very good with color.

screenpainter
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM
very beautiful seashore paintings. The one with the oranges and rust colors is most outstanding to me.

Gaia
11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Excellent works, you're very good with color.

Thanx Evil Robot, I am not entirely comfortable with colours with no lines so I appreciate it!

Gaia
11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
very beautiful seashore paintings. The one with the oranges and rust colors is most outstanding to me.

Thanx a lot screenpainter, I'm most pleased with the first one also :-)

screenpainter
11-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Indeed. The first one has that wonderful Hopper like quality. The second one has the Wayne Thibaud thing going on. I like both. Both are good.

Briex
11-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice work! You see that "empty" spaces also contribute to the success of a painting. Each painting has a wonderful composition.

Caesar
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I confirm Your lanscape paintings by colored areas are very beautiful, maybe because I like Edouard Manet's style by flat and appropriately colored areas more than several too noisy impressionistic paintings of that period.

Gaia
11-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Indeed. The first one has that wonderful Hopper like quality. The second one has the Wayne Thibaud thing going on. I like both. Both are good.

I know Hopper but had to google Thibaud - jeez, you make my ears go red, they are so great both of them (Hopper and Thibaud, not the ears).
Thibaud was a very nice experience - love his cakes! Thanx for the tip!

Gaia
11-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Nice work! You see that "empty" spaces also contribute to the success of a painting. Each painting has a wonderful composition.

Thank you so much for the encouragement, I am so much in love with your work! Do you work on iPad as well and if so - do you manage to get good prints out of those paintings?

Gaia
11-07-2011, 02:12 AM
I confirm Your lanscape paintings by colored areas are very beautiful, maybe because I like Edouard Manet's style by flat and appropriately colored areas more than several too noisy impressionistic paintings of that period.

Thanx Caesar for your kind words, I like Manet very much too :-)