PDA

View Full Version : Autumn arrival

Caesar
10-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Lately also in Rome and its surroundings, starting from the mountains on the East, Autumn is making its colorful entry!
A wet on wet only watercolor on one layer using the mouse.
Developped from a reference picture on a small size sheet.

limey-g
10-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Very nice Caesar, I have never tried w/c as yet but you give me inspiration .
Geoff

D Akey
10-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Really rich color play. Love the purples with the oranges and greens and grays.

Good one. :):):)

mannafig
10-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Really lovely colours dear Cesare:):)

gxhpainter2
10-26-2011, 04:24 AM
Caesar... Hey.!... this is a shift into a new medium and technique... and as limey-g and dAkey have said great colors and mood.. quite a successful foray into this arena..:):);)

pat1940
10-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Caesar, I agree, a lovely use of colors, and very nice painting:):):)

AT-TA
10-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Nice depth, warm autum colors play is so lovely. Beautiful Caesar.

S5T68IS2TA
10-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Outstanding colors of autumn.. Nice Caesar.. just wonderful!

barnburner
10-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Nicely done Caesar. :):)

coops
10-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Beautiful colours for a beautiful season, nicely done Cesare:)

Caesar
10-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Give them a try then, dear Limey-g! You only have to find some little trick to overtake some apparent difficulties and shortfalls such a complex tool may show with reference to the usual approaches with other tools. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey! I tried to exploit as much as possible the complementary colors here (without clashes) since watercolors, especially in AR and on the same layer, tend to easily have lower chroma and a reduced tonal contrast. I didn't care of accuracy or giving a graphical addition also to keep an idea of a luminous view.

Dear Amanda, this is a palette You may easily find among landscape watercolorists I think, especially ladies. It was interesting and I like complementary colors provided they're not too noisy in their contrasts.
Thank You!

As usual, dear Gary, each now and then I give some sort of break and go either on some unexplored place or opposite to my most natural drawing and tonal attitude. Watercolors are often the selected tool for such a second type of evasion, when I try to paint with colored lights.
Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat!
The hardest part with watercolors is to keep colors brilliant and lively so I'm satisfied enough of this experiment.

Dear Anna, Autumn here comes later, but it's a most charming season because many places it's still generally warm, quite often not at all grey as weather, like in Roma for instance, and it's rich of peculiar natural gifts (kaki, pomegranate, chestnut etc.) and colors! Thank You!

Thank You, dear S5T68IS2TA (is this name of Yours a fiscal code?:D)!
I love Autumn for many reasons a few of which I wrote above to AT-TA.

The merits mostly go to Autumn with its landscapes and views, dear Barnburner. Thank You!

An approval by a master of seasons and Autum in particular like You, dear Katie, makes me proud of this loosely painted view. Thank You!