PDA

View Full Version : Immediate Image

gxhpainter2
10-23-2011, 09:29 AM
a highly key color study in contrast of textures seeking stasis.. comments always appreciated.:):)

screenpainter
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
you seem to have a lot in common with Byron or are heading there. It's quite amazing what both of you do with artrage. Maybe it is just me, but I see a lot of commonalities in your works. Fascinating what you both do.

D Akey
10-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Fantastic!!!!! Great containment of the strong contrast elements. I see this as a chunking down the totality of it all into bite size bits. . . and then plating it up like a proper gourmet chef. . . Very cool!

gxhpainter2
10-24-2011, 04:53 AM
screenpainter...yes I think Byron and I probably have somewhat of the same process and bent of mind to creating painting. I too admire his works and do find inspiration in them..

D Akey "Great containment of the strong contrast elements.".... that is what I think was needed .. the underlying work was the white and highly contrasted work and upon reflection I started making the strong horizontals to trap and contain that work and build its own contrasts... it seemed to work very well and I am very happy with this work.

pat1940
10-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Gary, the contrast in this one is so appealing and outstanding, you just get better and better all the time, love your work so much, it is just so alive :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Caesar
10-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I love this contrast not only of colors, but also of artificial vs natural shapes. I could look at it over and over to the variety of stimuli with constant interest ....

gxhpainter2
10-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Pat and Caesar... glad you like this.. I was a bold attempt to organize the organic with the geometrical... believe it or not I started in AR just trying different colors and settings trying to get dry brush effect and then coloring over strokes to see if I could get a broken color effect and kept going... and this evolved... :eek:...:):)