PDA

View Full Version : City House Scene

carlcath
10-22-2011, 03:23 PM
This little thing has 29 layers. Real easy to paint on the wrong layer when one does that. O'Well. I wanted to practice using scripts and some of the other stuff in AR since I have not used it for several months and I wanted to be sure I could easily erase or delete anything I wanted.

EB
10-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Looks like time well spent, I like it

gxhpainter2
10-23-2011, 06:37 AM
a wealth of details and color..and a charming street scene. well done...

D Akey
10-23-2011, 07:24 AM
It's like a broad tableau where as my eye walks the street, I meet the different people and details you created. They are so spread apart that this can happen in a way in which they are like their own little vignettes, related only in that they are from the same place.

If you're familiar with Our Town (book, movie and play), it has that kind of look down view from a high place with moments remembered separated by time that don't overlap one to the next.

I get that kind of feeling from this. American Graffiti (movie that inspired Happy Days) also has that kind of slices of life thing going on as well, though not having the same theme as Our Town.

Intriguing how your staging can dictate a mood. Well done!

byroncallas
10-23-2011, 08:04 AM
There is something compelling and inviting about this painting - it makes you want to walk inside it, take a stroll, meet every, and hang out.

Yes, a lot of layers - a terrific juggling act, hey?

screenpainter
10-23-2011, 01:47 PM
welcome to Pleasantville. It is quite fascinating. I love how some of the elements were left in grayscale. It's a delightful piece. My eyes are drawn to
the deep red of that apartment building, on the viewer's left, like they would be to embers still glowing among the charcoals of a waning campfire.

coops
10-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Looks like a page from a book and a very grey day too. Nice one:)

carlcath
10-25-2011, 04:40 AM
EB, gxhpainter
Thank you for your kind comments. I enjoyed doing the work and it is always nice when someone else likes it.
Carl

carlcath
10-25-2011, 04:43 AM
D Akey
I actually have not seen the movie 'Our Town" Think I'll look it up on Netflix and see if it is available.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Carl

carlcath
10-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Byroncallas, screenpainter, coops
Thank you for looking and taking the time to comment. I am so glad that someone liked it besides me. I learned a lot by doing it, Just wish I could remember what I learned.
Carl

mannafig
10-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Nice piece of work:):)

carlcath
10-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks Mannafig

Chaos79
10-25-2011, 06:55 AM
I think it's a very interesting painting. It seems like it's telling a story. The house standing alone, each character seems to be doing something ... It is really capturing my attention. The color is interesting too.