PDA

View Full Version : Decades ago

Caesar
10-22-2011, 01:00 AM
I messed around this one a little bit. I hope You You find it interesting anyway ...

EB
10-22-2011, 03:17 AM
I do find it interesting Caesar

barnburner
10-22-2011, 05:54 AM
What a fine job Caesar. What a lil charmer she is. :):)

pat1940
10-22-2011, 07:51 AM
A very delightful painting of a delightful little girl, love it Caesar:):):)

Mike Severoff
10-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey, Caesar!
This is a very nice, true!

gxhpainter2
10-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Caesar, very very nice and such a sweetheart!... I like your background color against the oval portrait.. an interesting way of presenting it... a painting of a painting...:cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
10-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Really charming indeed! Is it your wife (long before she was your wife :D)? I can see how it could be based on some grown up picture you did of her (if I recall properly).

I will offer this one technical suggestion, even though it's fine in this context, you may do well to not paint such dark lines between each and every tooth. It's okay here for some reason it's working. But in general, the lines in the teeth in most pictures could be subtle.

Don't change this one though because it holds the character of a developing little kid with teeth still growing.

Very charming work, Caesar. Bravo. Holds the love-ability in it.

limey-g
10-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Very nice indeed Caesar, what a beaming smile.
Geoff

byroncallas
10-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Caesar, indeed, this one is full of charm. :):)

screenpainter
10-23-2011, 02:01 PM
captivating smile and charm not only from the mouth smiling but the eyes smiling as well.

coops
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
This is a painting full of charm, happiness and memories, well done Cesare:)

Caesar
10-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Thank You, dear EB! It started as a speedy one, then I decided to make experiment on an unusual enough shape and way of framing it ...

Dear Barnburner, some women start to have a peculiar feminine charm pretty soon in their life, since they're child and that generally creates a tender fuin on adults and little lovely tyrants in the worst cases ...:D
Anyway I don't have daughters, so I'm safe enough. :p

I guess this matches Your artistic sentitivity, dear Pat. There's something fresh, romantic and somehow "vintage" in it. Thank You!

I'm glad to hear You state our appreciation, dear Mike! Thank You mate!

Dear Gary, the portrait in itself could have not been an interesting enough game to play, so I added some additional geometric and painterly elements too. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey. Actually since the colors were faint enough, I duplicated the portrait, multiply blended the new layer (with a certain degree of transparency though) so as to have a sort compromise on tones and chroma. The portrait was on one layer, so it shows some reworking on the starting speedy strokes, the mouth and smile in particular ...
You're right to say that she's got some features reminding my wife as a child (this may have occurred unconsciously, but she was more beautiful and rather frowning in front of the camera), but I can assure we didn't sign any contract with her father at that age (also becasue we didn't have any camel or sheep to exchange). :D

Who else, but a child may show such an unconditionally happy, joyful and enlighting smile, dear Limey-g? Thank You!

Thank You, dear Byron! I imagine the essence of a pure charm to look like this. You get a candid, lyrical and immediate joy and tenderness as a reaction to such a joyful feeling sharing ...

Right, dear Screenpainter, and if the eyes don't smile too, You got a fake one, no matter how much You extend Your mouth curve... Body language makes it too hard to disguise different feelings. Thank You!

Right, dear Katie! Anyway, as You marvellously depicted it, also the first love affairs and kisses, a decade later, are quite lyrical and exciting events to keep dear (before our innocence gets lost also by growing in a quite wrong environment) and give us some hints of what life and love, with capital letters are like making us almost touch the Divine .... Thank You!