PDA

View Full Version : The Mysterious Pumpkin Etching

Alexandra
10-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Who in the world could have etched broken glass and a witch into a pumpkin?
We may never know? lol!

mannafig
10-14-2011, 08:30 AM
There is only one person with that much talent my dear Sandy and that is you:):D:D Fabulous painting:):)

D Akey
10-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Glowing bright and more than a little spooky. . .

What a very fun spin on the idea of a jack-o-lantern. And speaking of spin, do you recall those lamps with little luminous themes that would revolve showing little surprise elements as it turned. I loved them as a kid. Saw one over at a friend's house on a sleep over and it had a placid scene of a Tom Sawyer like boy fishing by a pond, and as it revolved back around the second time, he was peeing into the water. Was hilarious.

Now this is very different but it has a little of that lit from within, screen quality.

Very cool!

Voldo
10-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Nice one ;)
Like these Witches, flying around :)

coops
10-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Thats really cool Sandy, it really does look like glass.:)

Belvrog
10-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Thats enchanting Sandy. Wonderful lighting, colors and mood. I also really like the witches on the pumpkin Very well done.

gxhpainter2
10-14-2011, 11:09 AM
just a marvelous , and witty work.. with all the creativity that is yours alone..;);)

Alexandra
10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
How kind of you Amanda, thanks so much you dear friend!:D

D Akey, I do remember, my mother had an angel one-and I loved it so much when I was a child. Hum.....wonder if she still has it? I did not know about the Tom Sawyer tinkling in the pond though!:eek: lol!:D Thanks so much!

Thanks so much Voldo!

Thanks dear Katie. I experimented with the pen on cell mixed with watercolor and crayon...so fun doing these things!

Thanks so much dear Belvrog!

You are so kind Gary, always appreciated!

richmond2anderson
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Great illustration. I love the way it displays the outer design of the pumpkin. :)

Caesar
10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
About tricks (and less about treats) it looks like there's none that developped more witchcrafts in AR than You in order to get mysterious and special effects into perfectly professional illustrations! :eek::p
Take care not be eventually sent to the stake ...:eek::D
Kidding. Bravissima!

Alexandra
10-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi Richmond, thank you very much!

I will dear Cesare.:p You know, I can't help but get a little serious though. I guess my drawings are referenced by memories of childhood, where a kid could walk around in the evening with his or her friends going from door to door with their candy sack, dressing up and every one laughing and enjoying the moment of freedom that we felt at this age. I was a this middle class kid growing up in a middle class neighborhood with my middle class friends. We enjoyed such things as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown every year on television. We never went into a seizure over how it honored the evil or anything like this-we enjoyed the fantasy of it all and the triumph of good winning over evil. :rolleyes:
I am very aware and very disturbed by what I view on the world news. Innocent little boys and children in Uganda being murdered and many dark practices around the world. I think those innocent days I knew are gone forever now. Does make me leery of drawing anything in this area.:eek: My kids have never been trick or treating, and I've never let them go off on their own when they were small. Dangerous times here.
Thank you for the bravissima though!:D Sorry to get all serious on you!;)

EB
10-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Quite the seasonal greeting, nicely done

Earle

pat1940
10-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Wonderful creation of a great pumpkin Sandy, perfect one:):):):):)

jibes
10-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Very fine effect Sandy! You come up with the best stuff!

Alexandra
10-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Earle, Pat, and Neal, Thanks dear mates!

barnburner
10-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Simply wonderful Sandy! Great imagination and beautifully done. :):):)