PDA

View Full Version : Something different but old.....

VanityX
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi you all !! I have been away for some time due to much things that happened this summer. But I am trying to make a book of my art, more for myself....and as I told my own story about my drawinghistory, I remembered that I did make paintings like this when I was about 20 years old. My parents had only one book on the shelve from an artist: Esscher.
Later when I left to go live in my own house I got some kind of inspiration out of that book which I took with me. I spend hours and hours looking at that book when I was young. I still have it somewhere.....

So here is a reproduction from that period made with ArtRage. I have no idea where the originals are..... I hope you like it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KfOM-bFHfHg/TpQJ0vn1VAI/AAAAAAAABGU/E25KrVgdJew/s640/escher1.jpg

kreksofin
10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Not just I like it, very much I like it. Extremely good job. Very labor intensive. How long did it take?

Caesar
10-11-2011, 10:48 PM
A Moebius horse I guess! :eek::p An astounding creativity here under Enscher inspiration. Very well executed too.

gxhpainter2
10-12-2011, 03:09 AM
VanityX.... so good to have you back..you are such a talent and always provided inspirations to us... I had been wondering what happened to you.. but happy your back... this is a wonderful interpretation...:):):):cool::cool::cool:

VanityX
10-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Thanks for this great welcome back !! Three weeks ago my laptop crashed also so I had to find a way to get my data back and had to find my registrationcode for ArtRage again including my password for this forum. And buying a new one with 4 GB Ram instead of 1 which works much better and faster. And then install evrything all over again including updates. This after all other disasters from this summer.....house and garden overflooded, my litlle Westy who died, the new Westypuppy we got, my father's two big operations and the battle for the insurance to pay our damages, a sick horse....But everything worked out fine for now exept the battle of the insurancecompany's which will probably take a year. But winter is coming which means I have a lot more sparetime... :)

This painting took me about 15 hours I think. Half way I realized there was a more easy way to do this by painting the whole horse first and then erase out the parts to make the backside. But i did'nt.
24 years ago I painted this with white wallpaint on black paper and then made the details with a pencil afterwards....haha.

Thanks for the great compliments, I still do not see myself as having a talent but it is so nice to hear.
Now I am going to think back in the past to try and remember what else I did back then and reproduce that in Artrage....It is fun !

Alexandra
10-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Absolutely cool, great work!

Peter Pinckney
10-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Intriguing image.............BRILLIANT!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

coops
10-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Welcome back Vanity its good to see you. This is fabulous work and so different. Looking at it long enough the horse seems to move and I love it.:)

limey-g
10-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Welcome back Vanity, we have kind of missed you being around with all your gorgeous paintings.
I like this one a lot, very creative.
Geoff

Belvrog
10-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Love it. Great work !!

AT-TA
10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Looks so dificult to do..but it looks so good.

pat1940
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Excellent work Vanity and so nice to see you back:):):):)

D Akey
10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Welcome back Vanity X!

This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):)

screenpainter
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I remember seeing a bust by Escher in a long strip, but haven't seen the horse one. You did a fantastic job on this. And who better to do it. Lovely piece.

EB
10-13-2011, 08:01 PM
This is quite a nice image

mannafig
10-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Vanity this is gorgeous:):)