PDA

View Full Version : Digital FaultLine

gxhpainter2
10-08-2011, 11:21 AM
As an artist I am always play around that defining edge between the cool, analytical, hard edge and pure color and form and the brushy, intuitive, spontaneous mark making... this work is taking note of that tension.. hope you find it interesting...:):)

Juz
10-08-2011, 12:03 PM
A tension which denotes the struggle of every artist i think... extremely well depicted in this work :):)

jibes
10-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Gary, I think the name fits it well. Great!

gxhpainter2
10-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Juz and Neal... thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment... glad you liked it..;);):)

Caesar
10-14-2011, 07:58 PM
I can say Your works and style are far beyond my capabilities. I admire them very much.
Here I see a struggle between geometrical patterns and shapes of a batch program trying to proceed orderly and sequentially and the attempt of an A.I. program to attain some intuition flash, thus actually getting "intelligent".

Alexandra
10-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Wow Gary, I do see this in your wonderful painting. Not only is it easy to understand, I can appreciate its meaning and good craftsmanship that went into its making.

D Akey
10-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Ah, the venerable patron saint of shifting tectonic plates, St. Helen of Skamania County. . . or one of her chums.

Nice psychological portrait. But how on Earth did you get her to sit for the painting? Little kids and volcanoes, both tough to get to sit still.

I like your brushwork. Interesting juxtaposition, as mentioned, of the seismic geometry as would be the geologic data being generated on the measuring devices (in spirit), and the process painting above ground, which is also sort of witty owing to the explosive nature of the eruption.

So they are both alluding to their forms of 'communication' or 'expression'.

eighty+
10-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Hi Gary. Me and brain was confused but then suddenly brain said got

It, what I said tell me , well it's a big fat bank manager whose taken

His mask off with one hand to show us his true face and in the other hand

His golden ball the perks that we have given him, blimey brain can you

See all that , as I was still confused, yeah it's easy said brain it's all in

The symbol's but I was still. Confused, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

EB
10-15-2011, 01:10 AM
I like this one too.

pat1940
10-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Gary, I love the juxtaposition in this one, another great interpitation and perfect title:):):)

D Akey
10-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Gary. Me and brain was confused but then suddenly brain said got

It, what I said tell me , well it's a big fat bank manager whose taken

His mask off with one hand to show us his true face and in the other hand

His golden ball the perks that we have given him, blimey brain can you

See all that , as I was still confused, yeah it's easy said brain it's all in

The symbol's but I was still. Confused, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mr. Ploos, Could this banker be one of the Blue Meanies? :D:D:D

kenmo
10-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Another superb abstract....

richmond2anderson
10-15-2011, 03:28 PM
I like the painting. I feel some kind of confusion but in the same time I feel very nice everytime I'm looking at it.:)