PDA

View Full Version : Juz PaperFun

gxhpainter2
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Juz new paperset are WONDERFUL... the texture and the interaction with chalk, and other tools is amazing...hope you enjoy this play time fun.

chalks, oil and roller.

P. D. Dinkles
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
gxh

I saw a piece,

http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/2011/04/07/in-the-artists-space-helen-mirren-on-vasily-kandinsky

where my secret love, Helen Mirren, don't tell my wife, she is carrying my child, spoke, as always with eloquence. She spoke of her love for Kandinsky. I may be well off here but did it struck a defining chord of influence on you?

Alexandra
10-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow, gorgeous Gary.:eek::):):):):)

gxhpainter2
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Alexandra... thanks hope you try out Juz papers too. I am sure you will be pleased and amazed at the results.;);)

PD thanks for the link to Helen Mirren... ( also have a crush on her ) and yes WK had a HUGE influence on my thinking about the spiritual in art, how to use colors and forms.. I still spend a lot of time looking at his works and getting to know where he was coming from...;););):cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Juz is the short form for visual and virtual art geniuz, so no surprise he's got a new magical sheet.
But certrainly, dear Gary, You exploited that resource in the most excellent way with this extraordinary painting I like very much!

Bobbi
10-05-2011, 01:35 AM
I have to agree, the interaction of the materials, like chalk, with the various canvas textures is exciting. Try increasing the grain size and roughness and after you have painted, turn them back to 0%. The result is sometimes quite unexpected. Just keep on experimenting!

pat1940
10-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Always a pleasure to view, dear Gary, and it was very nice of Juz to share her papers with us, I just downloaded them yesterday so will be using them soon:):):)

gxhpainter2
10-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Pat, Bobbi thanks for your gracious comments and the special tip Bobbie.. I will try that out.. I never would have tried that particular trick although I do mess with the roughness and grain size while working.. it would be nice if AR had a scratch pad area to test out the changes before you got back into the drawing...

Caesar my friend.. so glad you found this a likeable effort..

P. D. Dinkles
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Let us not have Helen come between us. Let's be gentlemen. I SAW HER FIRST.

jibes
10-06-2011, 06:16 AM
I'll have to try out Juz's stuff.
WK influence is present. Great stuff Gary!

D Akey
10-08-2011, 07:18 AM
gxh

I saw a piece,

http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/2011/04/07/in-the-artists-space-helen-mirren-on-vasily-kandinsky

where my secret love, Helen Mirren, don't tell my wife, she is carrying my child, spoke, as always with eloquence. She spoke of her love for Kandinsky. I may be well off here but did it struck a defining chord of influence on you?

Yes, Helen Mirren is carrying my child too. :D How do you spell DNA?

She is wonderfully articulate. What range she has. And a mind blowing actress in the bargain. Did not know she was an artist as well. Sort of begs the question what her stuff looks like with her level of awareness of art and sensitivity to it. If she paints half as well as she acts it's gotta be world class. Awareness and ability to pull it off visually aren't always connected overtly. Often they are. And therein lies the fascination.

As to Kandinsky, I would have to see some originals and soak them in to really give my take on his stuff. I have a book I bought a long while back that I have failed to read yet, Kandinsky On Spirituality, or Concerning the Spiritual in Art, or something like that. It seems to now be present for me to read it with all this stuff surfacing here.

Thanks for that link. I was very pulled in. And now I'm rolling with it to see where it goes.

D Akey
10-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Hey GX, I like this one. The shapes are intriguing with a sort of electric and neon feel against the black. Ordinarily that would carry a commercial night life sort of flavor, and I can run with that feel again of an overhead look at city streets at night. It seems to hook in to some of your work from a couple months back where it also felt like a downshot of a night scene in Manhattan or something. Like a little microcosm or even a human ant farm. Very evocative and stage like. I await the lead actor.

Everything is conforming to an overall feel except for one shape with the sort of dog bone femur shape at a diagonal. It's the odd man out from the more horizontal and vertical nature of the layout, and draws my eye there in a very forceful way, as if my eye was being drawn there by stage spotlight for an opening soliloquy. (Of course it could be a diagonal crosswalk, but it's still the one that deviates from the theme as it were.)

In which case, were I seeking a why and how of it, I would say it's speaking of a direct line to something, like a short cut, orderly, like a sanctioned deviation. Implications are sort of fruitful and endless.

On another tack, it has a bit of an old video arcade world like the one where Luke is attacking the Death Star and having to fight Darth's fighter, where when the targeting device is on the target it lights up (and makes an alert sound) -- or that fly over at the beginning of the movie Tron Legacy or something.

And from that, it may mean in the game that the path of crossing over, one has found the path.

Anyway those are my musings.

gxhpainter2
10-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Hey D.... I just had to throw the dog a bone...:D:D... seriously though thanks for the musings... they often lead me to learn more..:cool::cool::cool:

Juz
10-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Nicest Thank-You Ever!! :D:D

There is no greater reward for the work put into making resources for the community than to see them put to work in the hands of brilliant creators... Thank you so much Gary. :):)

gxhpainter2
10-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Juz.. thanks for all the work you did to make those great papers... btw... your signature line. ( I paint because I love to cut mats" ) .. makes me grin every time I read it...