PDA

View Full Version : Roots of the Mountain

gxhpainter2
09-22-2011, 10:42 AM
to stand tall and strong all mountains need deep roots...:)

Caesar
09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
This ones takes a quite theological and religious flavour along with its geometrical and architectural content I'd say.
I think Masonry would be glad to use it to update its symbols ... :D

MIDO00O
09-22-2011, 11:01 PM
very cool, i like it

kenmo
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow...I love your abstracts and this one does not disappoint.... Outstanding work as always....

gxhpainter2
09-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Caesar... yes does have those elements and this is the second Masonic theme image that has come up for me.... hmmmmm:confused::confused:... guess it is just my natural attraction to the mystical.. :D..

MIDO00O and Kenmo... so glad you like this.. actually quite a bit of work ( for me ) went into it.:):)

Alexandra
09-23-2011, 05:05 AM
I like this very much Gary. Another very attractive idea and abstract!

gxhpainter2
09-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Many thanks Sandy for your support and comments...always nice to get your take on my work.:cool::cool:;)

P. D. Dinkles
09-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Something geological inspired? Nice as always.

pat1940
09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Geeze Gary, wish I had such a great imagination, did you have this as a child, if so, I bet you drove your parents crazy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dgreat abstract as always

D Akey
09-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Now there's something you don't see too often -- blond roots. :D

Very cool. Looks like there's a party goin' on right here. . . The dollar bill symbol plus the Fourth of July fireworks. . . has an interesting connotation to me of the Tea Party.

Just on the other side of things, using the pyramid shape is as solid as. . . well, the pyramids.

Love the way you have divided it up, as if it's a step pyramid, although it also feels Egyptian, as well as Masonic as Caesar mentioned.

Well, you can claim to have been involved in the making of the pyramids. That's some kind of bragging rights.

Well done.

MSIE
09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
first: how did I miss this one? :confused:

second: I like the contrast of the upper and lower parts - curls, loops and squigglies plus some fireworks on top :) - opposed to sharp edged lines, squares, "stairs" and triangles.
the "background" textures are also great! the lower part looks like moss, very nice ;)

third: looking at the painting, the only thing that bothers me is the fact that imho there's not enough room for the fireworks/stars to unfold .. I want to stretch the canvas and put the stars way up in the sky, high above the mountain :p

:) :)