PDA

View Full Version : Night Flyer

gxhpainter2
09-19-2011, 04:39 AM
floating in a dream of peach colored skies and flying colors

Juz
09-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Wow Gxh, this is really a break out from your usual style and I must say I just love it. The character seems to celebrate, there's a real sense of freedom evoked, which is understandable if one is a 'night flyer' :):)

iceaxe
09-19-2011, 10:37 PM
I like the gentle background tones, I would look forward to any more explorations in this direction

Caesar
09-19-2011, 11:57 PM
The different use of colours between background and subjects is just amazing and makes this painting become a really outstanding artpiece!
I see flying an ironman or a Japanese-movie-like robot and a crowned head or, as suggested by the title, either a bat or an owl .... :rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
09-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Caesar, Juz and iceax... thanks for the great comments on this.. the use of the soft color ground for the more flat graphic handling of the other work is an interesting look and because of your comments one I will explore further... thanks all ;);):)

Alexandra
09-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Another winner dear Gary....

floating in a dream of peach colored skies and flying colors
with just a touch of his hand
and the wind in my face
and my toes upon the sand

the kites are flying high
and so we may
nothing but love
nothing but today.

hee hee...couldn't help myself. A pitiful romantic woman here.:p:p:p

Lima
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Beautiful... I like the colors.

gxhpainter2
09-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Alexandra.... cool poetry!... I love the mix of poetry and images that inspire it and vice versa.... thanks..;);)..

Lima.... thanks glad you like the colors.. they are a bit unusual but seem to work together in the way I wanted.

MacPix
09-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I loved flying above the beautiful peach background! Please take us on more of your flights!:):):):):)

P. D. Dinkles
09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Wow GXH and Alexander.

I think they call it a mash-up. You accentuated each other's work very well. The painted and written word.

You know one verse from Mr. Tambourine Man I have always liked to see caught some time in paint. A dance of sheer abandon.

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow."

I recall it as a wonderful but very short period of freedom before all manner of responsibility, duty, and obligation.

kenmo
09-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Another delightful abstract....

gxhpainter2
09-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Kenmo... thanks mate... always nice to have your comments.

MacPix.... ;);).... I will try to bring you along on the next flight out.:D

PD... Sandy's wonderful poem was a great surprise... we will have to think over your wish for the image inspiration from Mr Tambourine Man..:cool::cool::)