PDA

View Full Version : City Rain

Sketchism71
09-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Quick and loose (which is difficult for me). Mostly brush, some crayon and pencil.

pat1940
09-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Sketch, I really like this, the reflections are so good, it looks like New Orleans when the street is bare, great painting:):):):):)

Lima
09-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I wonder if it was easy for you (:D)... great atmosphere... the light permeating the wet street ...Eddie fantastic painting:eek::eek::eek: one of your best.

barnburner
09-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Wow... I am stunned.. It's all great, but the wet street is wonderful! Great job. :):):)

Docsmith626
09-16-2011, 02:53 PM
A cold rain on the first day of Lent. That looks so familiar.

screenpainter
09-16-2011, 04:07 PM
beautiful painting... love the rain effect.

waheednasir
09-16-2011, 05:07 PM
very nice palette used...:).

Caesar
09-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Going loose may be frustrating, but also a real self-test and when You get results like this one You may really be proud of Your talent!

Mike Severoff
09-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Bravo, Sketchism71! Very good

Briex
09-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Nice, I love it. What is the location of the street view?

Tony867
09-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Great painting, love the wet look!

kenmo
09-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Wow... you've done an incredible job!!!!!:):):):)

Alexandra
09-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Love it love it love it love it love it love it Eddie.:):):):):):):):):):):)

D Akey
09-17-2011, 03:28 AM
A painter after my own heart. I love street lighting after a rain. You can go nuts with color. Bravo!

gxhpainter2
09-17-2011, 04:02 AM
beautiful street scene, with brilliant brushwork and colors and mood.... this would do proud in anyone's home..

ScottF
09-17-2011, 05:43 AM
Allīs been said, but I just wanted to add my congratulations as well!

Peter Pinckney
09-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Really breathtaking!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

haakoo
09-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Nice style,I like this very much :):eek:

Hans

byroncallas
09-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Eddie, I just happened to pop in today after being away again for a couple or three months and this was at the top of the list, the only painting I've a moment to stop and contemplate. And it's outstanding. Quite a departure from a lot of you work, but equally outstanding. It's rich and I love it. Made my day.

Great surprise for my little diversion into this neck of the woods.

I miss you.

Byron

uneekfish
09-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I wanted to say something, since it was all said already, I thought perhaps this would be different...

Juz
09-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Stunning use of colour here Sketch, beautiful work :):)

Sketchism71
09-17-2011, 08:10 PM
First off, I would like to apologize for not keeping up on my responses to this thread, I have been busy at work the past few nights. Second, I am overwhelmed with the reaction to this painting and I must say, it was a bit unexpected. There is no other place that gives me more inspiration to paint then this forum. You guys are wonderful!:)

Pat - You are right on the money. Bourbon Street at night (without all the people). Thank you!
Oriane - I did this one fairly quick, resisting the urge not to perfect each stroke - letting it just flow. It is rather awkward and is definitely outside my comfort zone to paint this way. Thank you!
Barnburner - Thank you, I knew the reflections were the key to success on this one and would hope they would be the focal point.
LogicsHere - You set the mood perfectly on this. Well captured and thank you!
Screenpainter - Thank you for the kind comment!
Waheed - Thank you for the comment and for checking it out!
Caesar - I'm happier with the result since I have seen all these comments than I was before I posted it. Thank you!
Mike - Thank you very much!
Briex - Thank you, it is Bourbon Street New Orleans
Tony867 - Thank you!
Kenmo - Thank you very much!
Sandra - Thank you, thank you, thank you!:):)
D Akey - Street reflections almost paint themselves - Thank you!
gxh - Thank you very much!
Scott - Always great to hear from you, Thank you!
Peter - :) = a thousand words - Thank you!
Haakoo - Thank you very much!
Byron - I am truly honored! Hopefully soon we both get back here to continue solving the artistic puzzles of life. I miss those days and I miss you as well. Thank you old friend!:cool:
Uneekfish - That has got to be one of the coolest and artistic comments I have ever had. Thank you!:)
Juz - As always, thank you!;)

limey-g
09-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Wow I really like it ( reaching for my umbrella), so realistic especially the reflections in the water on the street.
Geoff

coops
09-18-2011, 12:52 AM
A wonderful atmospheric painting Sketch, well done:)

MSIE
09-18-2011, 10:21 AM
this painting is telling a story ;) great mood, I like it a lot :)

jibes
09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
quick and loose is very good! Great Painting!

AmbraArtist
09-19-2011, 03:43 AM
beautiful... very well done :)

alkratzer
09-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Ed,

In jazz they say the "outside informs the inside" meaning playing out, abstract music helps you get better when you play to the changes in straight ahead styles. (It helps free you from the tyranny of the stated harmonic structure and encourages you to break from it in your explorations)

For my part, if this is "playing out" four you stylistically, I say don't go back in.
Great stuff here!

Al

fraser_paice
09-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Reminds me of driving home from work, my crash helmet visor streaked with rain and neon blurs. Possibly my most alert moments, riding a motorbike through rush hour traffic at night, in the rain wakes you up.... Great painting mate.