PDA

View Full Version : Alexandra's Eye

gxhpainter2
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
my own take on the Alien Eye done my Alexandra... thought it was an interesting idea....;):):)... also a metaphor for her artistic eye...:eek::D:D

uneekfish
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I am not a big fan of abstracts, but when I find one I like it just makes it all the sweeter. This is one that I like! Thanks for sharing.

I'm told the more I stay with art the more I will understand and appreciate abstracts... Time will tell. :)

Alexandra
09-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Thank you Gary for your kind comment. Fantastic idea and well executed!

Caesar
09-15-2011, 07:39 PM
From Bette Davis' Eyes to Alexandra's Eye ... :D Wonderful to see how You change subject into an abstract marvel with still some clear reference to the re-elaborated source.

gxhpainter2
09-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Caesar....thanks for your comment... Sandy's Alien Eye was a startling image and fun to "abstract" from

Alexandra... your are most welcome..I am a big fan of the work you do and the range of subject matter to tackle...

uneekfish - glad you like this on... hope you find more interesting abstracts too...

kenmo
09-16-2011, 03:33 AM
A wonderful tribute by a very talented artist to another very talented artist.... Bravo, this rocks...!!!!!:):):)

Sketchism71
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Absolutely stunning! The tones, composition, and depth you achieve with your art blows me away. Another fantastic one gxh! A great tribute to Sandra as well!:eek:

pat1940
09-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Love this one Gary, so artistic and such a wonderful abstract:):):)

gxhpainter2
09-17-2011, 04:09 AM
kenmo, sketchism, and pat... thanks for your wonderful comments..:D:D;)

Lima
09-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Wonderful Gary

Juz
09-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm such a fan of your abstract work Gary, just gorgeous... can get lost for ages in any piece. Eye-candy :):)

janetcwest
09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I love your abstracts ..especially your use of color!

coops
09-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I like this one very much Gary, its like looking into the future through the eye of an oracle.:)

gxhpainter2
09-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Lima. thank you for viewing and leaving a comment... your latest work "Portrait Of Cornelis Van Der Geest" is an amazing tour-de-force of tonal control and brushwork... amazing really..:eek::eek::cool::)

Juz .. thanks so much I am pleased you like the abstracts I do..;):)

Janet and Katie ... thanks for commenting and sharing what this piece evokes for you.:):)

sabena
09-18-2011, 09:36 AM
hi GXpainter i like yours abastracts and this one is fantastic:D

MSIE
09-18-2011, 09:56 AM
oh...
this sad looking eye belongs to a wise creature - watching the chaos happening in our world ...

I like this :)

jibes
09-18-2011, 03:01 PM
It's never a let-down looking at your paintings Gary! Cool!

iceaxe
09-23-2011, 06:24 AM
One of your best, That eye brow is radical

D Akey
09-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Brilliant, GX, a masterwork. The shapes and patterns compliment each other so much it's striking how well. It' feels to have great depth on several levels. Interesting portrait.

I really like how you have done the little scrolls and squares. The fill in like a clockwork mechanism, only made of computer chips. And with that going on underneath the surface, we have the surface image of both organic and cosmetic and emblematic of the arcane via Egypt. . .

Great contrast. Draws instantly the comparison, which of course is engaging because a dialog is in progress. We can either chime in or we can be the fly on the wall, though not on the eye which is why they wore that heavy mascara, before it became the all rage along the Nile.

Also love the play of Alexandra and Alexandria. The woman or the library? Or at least the woman with the books. . .

Bravo!

gxhpainter2
09-23-2011, 07:38 AM
sabena, MSIE, Neal and iceaxe thanks to you all for your comments on this.. originally going to be called Dragons Eye but after Alexandra did her eye I knew immediately that I needed to change the title.

D Akey...thanks for your lucid commentary... the complex painting underneath the lines of the eye was a challenge... the eyeline was as you noticed a take on the Egyptian style of that ancient period.