PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer

Alexandra
09-14-2011, 02:45 PM
To the rescue! Minutes before the hit, comes the destroyer of asteroids and enemies of other galaxies!
(no laughing at my rocket please:p)

barnburner
09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Beautifully done Sandy. Super job with the shadows and highlights. Well done. :):):)

Caesar
09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
No laugh at all. The spaceship looks pretty and it's a this space artpiece is excellent! Bobby Ray will be delighted too!

Alexandra
09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Mike and Cesare, You are very kind dear friends. Thanks!

Bobbyray
09-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Sandy

Ahhh sweet..... You are really getting the hang of space art.. I am impressed.
The spaceship is just great too. ;)

How are you creating this? Just curious. Are you using stencils/airbrush/references?

Keep em coming... :)

kenmo
09-15-2011, 12:21 AM
A really impressive scifi-space image.... Another masterpiece Sandy!!!!!:):):):)

pat1940
09-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Sandy like this a lot, very nice work:):):)

wenkat
09-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Super-Duper! Brilliantly done! Congrats, Sandy!:)

D Akey
09-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Log: Star Date 2,342.7.5: Never laugh at someone's rocket.

What an amazingly cool planet design. It's almost as if this were the planet Deco.

Only one design suggestion, and it's a fairly important one -- it's best to not place a key element that is seen whole so close to the edge or jam it up into a corner. In fact, it's true of text as well. It's not good design in most all cases, and if you ever get into printing any of your work, commercially or personally, you will quickly understand the danger of it in that it could get chopped off.

Other than that, this is a whimsical image, as if an old arcade video game got a make-over.

Very cool. Love the action. I also especially love how you have played with light, and having bits fade into the background space color, effecting a real richness. . . and that laser beam. . . the way you have it heat up, it's down right on fire. :):):):):)

gxhpainter2
09-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Alexandra... there is no end to your creative scope... from lotus blossoms right to saving planets from destruction!.... :eek::eek::eek:.. excellent work btw..

Sketchism71
09-15-2011, 05:17 AM
I never know what to expect you to paint Sandra... Your posts are always a pleasant surprise! Though I don't paint it much, I love space art. Fantastic job on this!

Alexandra
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Dear Bobby, thank you! I appreciate this so much coming from such a great space artist.
I created a few screen shot how to's to show how much fun and easy it is for me. I will try to upload them soon.
I use the masking tool, crayon, and large frosty knife. I duplicate layer with mask still active and use the paint bucket on one percent and paint some areas of the second layer. I also enhance with metallic paint, and duplicated once more and merge all layers.
I then work on the atmosphere with the planet layer closed. I pretty much do the same thing, but when I duplicate layers I move one to be below planet and one on top and I expand and try opacity reduction and enhancements. Maybe the small frost knife on some of the areas.
The space ship is drawn, highlighted with crayons, duplicated, and pieced together. All done on smooth or cell so that I can use different items on different paintings.

I am so pleased you liked it Ken, thank you!

Thank you dearest Pat!

Thanks so much dear Wenkat!

Thanks so much D Akey for both your kind comment and advice dear friend. Now noted!

Thanks so much dear Gary!

Thanks Eddie, I would love to see your space art. I know I would be blown away.

Alexandra
09-16-2011, 03:44 AM
A poor example with the large planets so close, but I wanted to show the texture and craters that I made with the large frost knife held in one position.
The marbled effect is when a layer is added above the masked object and paint bucket it used at 1% and desired opacity settings.