PDA

View Full Version : Hello, How Do You Do?

Alexandra
09-10-2011, 01:20 AM
"Hello, How do you do?"
"Well, and you?" answered the caterpillar to the ladybug.
"Where are we, if I may ask?" asked the polite ladybug.
"Yes, my dear you may, but I do not know the answer." "I have been here too long already, and I am afraid I've eaten too much of this shroom."
"Oh dear....oh dear!" exclaimed the ladybug...."You've surely taken leave of your senses now, tsk tsk tsk." The ladybug shook her tiny head back and forth as she looked about.
"Yes...but it is quite nice here, I think I shall stay a while." The caterpillar said as he began to yawn and stretch.
The lady bug noticed the large fern behind the mushroom.
"Right!" she again exclaimed, "Go behind the largest fern and make a right down the path." "I will be home soon."
She turned to give a kind thank you and farewell, but the poor thing was in a deep slumber.
"Poor creature." she thought to herself..."Doesn't he know...never to partake of the orange shrooms." "He's forever to dwell in the land of nod."
She opened her short shiny but strong wings and flew below to the clearly lit path and was on her merry way before the day came to an end.

"the woodland creatures, and rules to live by"
by sandra alexander 2011

haha, hope you enjoy.:p:o

gxhpainter2
09-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Alexandra..... great story and exquisite shroom!.. you did a great job with it and its shadow...and the whirling background... and little ladybug..:D:D

D Akey
09-10-2011, 07:58 AM
A cautionary tale to ladybugs.

Isn't she like supposed to eat pests, regardless of what runs through their little wormy veins or whatever they have? She just says "no" to 'shroomy worms.

This the cautionary tale of a ladybug without high standards, and that simply is that. <piffle>

Fun and I agree with GX. Nice er. . . 'shroom.

sabena
09-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Alexandra wonderful painting and lovely story

coops
09-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Great story Sandy and I really love the painting. It would look great in a childrens book:)

Alexandra
09-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Thank you dear friends, I love your comments Gary, D Akey, Sabena, and Katie.:):):):):):):)

kenmo
09-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Delightful story & art....:):)

pat1940
09-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Wonder little story Sandy and as always a lovely painting:):):):):):)

Alexandra
09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Ken and Pat, many thanks!:):):):):)

cartuneman
09-11-2011, 02:30 PM
love it and the story as well

Alexandra
09-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Thank you John! I know it is kind of corny with the bugs there, but I think I was painting late on that one as well, and after a long day..and a small glass of red wine, well I think it was a miracle that I wasn't even more goofy.:o:p
Again, I appreciate your kind comment, and I am so pleased that you liked it!

cartuneman
09-11-2011, 03:18 PM
lol I know how ya feel ...well tonight I do hahahahaha I just finished two glasses of sparkeling wine myself and I feel relaxed.....hahahaha any way It would have been funny to see a slightly slumbering toad beneath the shroom one eye closed and one eye opened looking up at the conversation lol......:D

Juz
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM
"Just Say NO' Caterpillar :D

Love your magic mushroom story and painting and am wondering if the caterpillar is having flashbacks to woodstock :):)

Alexandra
09-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Haha, I think that would be a great idea John, and what about holding a wine glass.;):D Thanks!:):):):):)

I think this is a good possibility Juz! Thank you! I can see it now in the bug world: Nancy Reganish bug holding a sign saying...Just say no to those shrooms.:p
(I think I will go back though and truly paint the caterpillar and ladybug, it would be more fitting, and maybe a few psychedelic colors to go with it-lol)
Oh and the toad if I am brave enough I wish I could draw as well and you and John. I need so much practice! (it takes me so long)

Caesar
09-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi Sandra! Back to Your fabulous microcosm, eh? Enjoyable image.

mannafig
09-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Both the story and your painting are truly delightful:):)

MSIE
09-13-2011, 08:53 AM
fun story :D nice painting :) :)

Alexandra
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Cesare, good to see you again! Yes, fooling around a bit with oils, and had to add a silly creature or two. The sweet red wine I believe had a little to do with this.:o Pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you dearest Amanda!

Many thanks MSIE!