PDA

View Full Version : Close to Home

Alexandra
09-09-2011, 06:37 AM
This was an experiment with colors and differential effects. I painted over the black trying to pick up various colors with this effect. I added a layer and brighter flowers and bird, nest-the fencing stamp. I think the birds are too small, I might go back and enlarge them.:o Just an experiment with oils on difference.
I hope you enjoy, thanks for looking.

scribbledsoul
09-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Neat! The flowers are very delicate, which is a nice contrast to the barbed wire. The birds are tiny, but I like them! Keep experimenting - it's fun to see what you come up with!

~ Scribbles :D

barnburner
09-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Very nicely done Sandy. I like this a lot! The birds may be a little small, but I wouldn't enlarge them much.
If you compare them with the barbs on the wire, they don't appear to need resizing much, imo. :):):)

D Akey
09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
"You see my child," she says to her fledgling, "There is much beauty between the lines."

"I will look for it, Mama. . ."

"Be grateful for who you are, because to little birds who fly, fences are merely resting places."

"Gosh. . ." replied the little bird.

"On this particular fence, always lite between the barbs and don't be like your flighty father. . . just another shrimp on the barbie. . ."

gxhpainter2
09-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Alexandra... interesting choice of colors.. the black makes this look more like a fabric print which would be very interesting...how many women would wear a dress/skirt with barbed wire... or how many men would wear a shirt with little pink flowers...... anyway. a good experiment..

Alexandra
09-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Scribbledsoul Mike, and Gary, thanks-I will enlarge them a bit and see how it appears. I appreciate your kind replies!

Gary, thank you very much. I wanted to see what tone would come through the differential setting, interesting effects, I didn't think of a fabric-that would be a great idea! :)

Haha D Akey, thanks! and ouch, poor father.:eek::D

Juz
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Gorgeous experiment Sandy, pulling those flowers out of the black paint is extremely effective :):)

Alexandra
09-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks so much Juz, I appreciate that!

waheednasir
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM
beautiful job..:).

Frisch
09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Alexandra, the 30 first paintings i made always started with a black background, from the thought of creation from nothing to its counterpoint white, which is everything of creation.

I love the absolute contrast, and my experience was that everything can come from black, and be created.

It's beautiful. :)

mannafig
09-09-2011, 11:28 PM
This is stunning Sandy:):)

Alexandra
09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Waheed, Frisch, and Amanda, Thank you dear friends for your kind comments and encouragement.