PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Writing

gxhpainter2
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
or maybe I should have said automatic painting?... this a very labor intensive although it may not appear.. all you Ragers hope you like it...

Alexandra
09-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I can imagine, but cannot do dear Gary. Another great one to view!

gxhpainter2
09-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Alexandra... thanks deary friend for your comment and support...;)

scribbledsoul
09-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Another good one! My eyes get all tangled up in this one - it's fun! :D

pat1940
09-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Gary this must have been difficult on the eyes, doing all those lines, what a fantastic painting and all the patience you had doing such a fine piece of art:):):):):)

gxhpainter2
09-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Ssoul .. thanks for your comments

Pat... yes I started to doubt my sanity and design sense about half way through this one...

Sketchism71
09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I haven't made a post in a while but I lurk from time to time and I must say, your paintings are one of the first I go check out. Your colors and design sense are excellent. Fantastic work!

gxhpainter2
09-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Sketchism71 - wow thanks for that appreciative comment.... I see so many people look but only a few regulars ever leave a comment so your's is a special one. I suppose because abstracts intimidate a lot of people and they don't know what to say about them...

Juz
09-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Wonderful work, can see the labour within. Reminds me somewhat of textiles, has that tactile look and feel :):)

waheednasir
09-09-2011, 05:37 PM
beautiful i must say!

gxhpainter2
09-10-2011, 08:23 AM
waheed and Juz... thanks for viewing and leaving a comment... glad you liked this one...;):cool:

D Akey
09-10-2011, 08:45 AM
The iterative linear quality of repetition with variance lends it a quality like writing. Each line represents a specific character to the "language" or even to the nature of what is issuing forth from the subconscious hose through the body and out through the hands, fairly sidestepping the active mind.

It's an interesting thing -- the moments of keeping moving just to not break the circuit, the moments of brilliance and discovery, then of venting and everything else in between.

This still feels intelligent and sorta deliberate.

Could you describe how it played out for you, what you tried to do and what in fact did happen.

As always fascinating. Plumbing the depths is what we do if we're so wired. And to dig deep, one has to try getting in touch with that space. Not always easy. Certainly not commonplace. Could require going there consistently for a while to get enough conscious hints to assemble a working method.

But it's challenging because it's very personal and a lot of reference points from one's peers don't really exist. It's working with one's own inner truth and that by its nature super rarefied.

I applaud your ambition. One word: "Intention"

sabena
09-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi gxpainter i like your style and i like your geometrics abastracts:) i think you have much time todo this painting:)

gxhpainter2
09-11-2011, 05:31 AM
sabena... thanks for your comments and I am glad you like my geometrics..

D Akey... dear mate... again to plumb to the core of the design, and its intentions.. I answered you via private msg in more detail but just let me say how much I appreciate your clear and articulate responses to not only my work but so many others...

MSIE
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
*sighs* ... another one of those paintings I could look at for hours :cool:

reminds me of wooden planks .. when I was a kid I used to scribble or scratch or paint with chalk on wood for hours - it's a pity my parents didn't think all those things would be worth keeping, so I had to throw them away :confused:

thank you for showing us this "automated writing/painting", I think I'm gonna try it myself ... :)