PDA

View Full Version : Field of Clovers in April

Alexandra
09-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Every April, the fields are full of clovers. We love to take a walk down the dirt road and take in the beautiful view. One of my favorite times of the year.
I wanted to use the loaded knife tonight. I hope you enjoy, thanks for looking.

Suha
09-08-2011, 06:20 AM
It's really nice
How did you do these effects in the sky?
some Times I feel I am incapable of drawing

gxhpainter2
09-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Alexandra... nice impasto work on the sky and road....a very good painting..

coops
09-08-2011, 07:54 AM
This is my kind of painting Sandy, it so thick with creamy paint. LOVE IT:)

pat1940
09-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Sandy, this looks like a beautiful, peaceful walk, very nice texture:):):)

Alexandra
09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Suha, I think not! You are a wonderful artist!:eek:
The loaded knife is a blast. Find a photograph, and draw it, or draw something that comes to mind. Use the loaded knife and when you have the colors you can blend with the knife with no oil loaded. I really like to use the tube and the loaded knife. Thank you for your kind comment, I appreciate that!

Thanks Gary, so happy you liked it!

Thanks Katie, so very much dear friend!

Dear Pat, it is so special really. The fields just down from our house are full of these beautiful red clovers. It reminds me of the wizard of oz. I love the spring and the fall here most of all. Georgia winters and summers are pretty rough. Thanks!

D Akey
09-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Flipping Brilliant!

I agree with Ms Coops. You have a gift. This really shows us a kind of painting I don't think I've seen before from you. And it looks great and I could see you, if you decide to go this route, doing some remarkable work. You've grown so much in different directions it's amazing.

Alexandra
09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Thank you dear D Akey. I appreciate your kind encouragement!
Oils are so difficult for me, and I cannot help but appreciate the wonderful artists here that use them. Again, thanks!

Juz
09-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Doesn't look like you struggle to me Sandy, this is gorgeous, love the texture and the roadside plants are delicious :):)

Alexandra
09-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks so much Juz!:):):):):)

mannafig
09-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I imagine that it looks amazing dear Sandy just like your painting:):)

Alexandra
09-10-2011, 12:05 AM
It does Amanda. I don't know if the farmers have to cultivate this, or what nutritional value it has to the soil, but it is incredible. I want to jump in and eat a bite like the rabbits.:p:)