PDA

View Full Version : Space Pod v4

MSIE
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
this is something I painted some days ago ... forgot about it ... found it today, and suddenly it appealed to me :rolleyes: :cool:

if I remember right it was done with watercolour, felt pen, and perhaps even some sticker spray? :confused: ;)

hope you like it - comments and critics always welcome!
please click to enlarge ...

Suha
09-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Like a spiral, or the eye ..
Kidding;)
It's nice and I love the colors .i liked a lot

gxhpainter2
09-08-2011, 07:26 AM
MSIE...so glad you found this little treasure... I love the colors and watercolor like brush work and build up of colors and shapes.. great mix of flat color and 3D shapes.. I can really see this mounted on a wall... check out
http://www.bumblejax.com/... they do a super job with acrylic mounting.. they have some You Tube videos that I stumbled on... kind of expensive but they do a super job mounting ... I would like this at 30" in a acyrlic mount..

coops
09-08-2011, 07:49 AM
I think this is brilliant and so glad that you found it. I agree with Gary that it would fabulous on any wall. Well done:)

pat1940
09-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Love this one MSIE and do agree that this would be beautiful hanging on a wall:):):):)

evan3585
09-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I agree this is sweet looking. Great color:)

Alexandra
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Love it love it love it!

scribbledsoul
09-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Oh wow, I like it! Lovely brilliant colors, and a great sense of depth. Keep it up! :D

MSIE
09-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Suha, gxhpainter, coops, pat, evan, Alexandra, and scribbledsoul ~ thank you all for looking and for your kind comments! much appreciated :) I'm glad you liked this :)

@ gxhpainter - thank you for the link to Bumblejax; I've watched some of their videos, great work they are doing with those prints!!! the acrylic mount looks awesome! :)
unfortunately I'm not able to spend so much money for luxury things like printing/framing my own art, even though I would love to do so ... :(

~~~

I've attached some screenshots of the steps I took while creating this painting. as mentioned before, I painted the first layer and forgot about it - I thought it was ugly :D
see for yourself - all layers hidden but the first (original) one:

[click to enlarge]

then, after some days, while looking through my ArtRage folder, I opened the painting and created a second layer (blend mode "Overlay") - and suddenly the thing looked much nicer :D

[click to enlarge]

from there on, I just made some adjustments by adding shadows and such on different layers with different blend modes ;)

[click to enlarge]

thanks for looking :)

gxhpainter2
09-12-2011, 04:46 AM
MSIE.... cool stuff neat to see the original "ugly" one... I think it has great shapes and interesting textures... good that you waited a day or so and came back to it... that is the great thing about digital work ..you can take something that is weak and with a few new layers and little work and BOOM..:eek: ... a real great image comes out. :p.. you really took this one to a really nice work. I know what you mean I would love to have some of my works printed and framed but cost way to much... although I did just sell a couple and had canvaspop print them up... I am sealing them with Glamor II from BreathingColor... and then sending them out... CanvasPop was a little cheaper and did a very nice job with them even keeping my "borders" ... anyway keep up the great work!!

clinart
09-12-2011, 04:54 AM
abstract, different, I like it.

D Akey
09-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Could it be the fabled Yellow Brick Road as the farmhouse is coming in for a landing. . .

I'm crazy about the marks you made for this one. And the cyclone is certainly a primal kind of symbol that can really be a springboard for many different connotations. That take would depend on what the viewer brings to the viewing experience.

It also could be interpreted as an eye looking through the cyclone, which would have connotations of it's own -- which eye, who's eye, etc.

Lots of cool stuff on the conceptual side to the paint application to the impact of the composition converging on the Center.

Bravo MSIE!

MSIE
09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
D Akey ~ I wasn't thinking of the Yellow Brick Road when painting this, but now that you've mentioned it ........... :D
thanks for looking and commenting! I feel honoured :)

clinart ~ thank you :)

gxhpainter ~
MSIE.... cool stuff neat to see the original "ugly" one... I think it has great shapes and interesting textures... good that you waited a day or so and came back to it...

I usually don't go back to anything I was working on earlier ... if I do, then just to delete things I don't like :D .. but yeah, sometimes I find something worth looking at for a second time and sometimes I even feel like working on it a bit harder ;)
about printing stuff ... - it's just that I hate numbers (like the amount of pixels, or dpi, or inches/centimeters, or dollars/euros lol) .. I spent quite some time searching for those things, but got confused and didn't know if my paintings would be technically good enough to look great when printed - I want it perfect, but don't have the money to check out everything :o :D

Caesar
09-12-2011, 09:05 PM
You got a really wondeful image here. I like everything of it: palette, textures, patterns ...

silvy
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Very cool:), it's a space vortex to another dimesion:eek:

MSIE
09-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Caesar and Silvy, thanks for looking and commenting, glad you like this :)