PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Him

Alexandra
09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
The war is over. She sees him step off of the train.

Crayons, airbrush, pencil, watercolor,oil, and knife on smooth canvas.
I've been working off and on for a few weeks on her. I will see something else to do no doubt. I wanted to make a woman with a large hat, and had my mother in mind, as she looked a lot like this in her younger years. This era has always appealed to me for some reason. Anyway, I used references of the hat and coat from DVA and internet, but palette, and person from imagination.
I hope you enjoy.

jibes
09-01-2011, 03:03 PM
One great painting Sandy!! I love the expression on her face!

hinket
09-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Yes, the expression on her face is very appealing. Interesting hair! :)

sabena
09-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi alexandra very good work perfect lady and painting:rolleyes::)

coops
09-01-2011, 09:09 PM
A painting full of joy and anticipation, well done Sandy this is great:)

Alexandra
09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Neal, Hin, Sabena, and Katie, So pleased you liked it, thanks!:):):):):)

barnburner
09-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Sandy, I really like this a lot! I've long been a WWII era junkie, and you are right on with her. Excellent job. :):):):)

Jasminek
09-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Beautiful expression and hair. Your painting is so uniquely beautiful.:)

Alexandra
09-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Me too dear Mike. Thanks!

Thank you dear Jasmine! I am really enjoying the crayon on cell. Great control and work great with the knife. I appreciate your generous comment!

gxhpainter2
09-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Alexandra... you always come up with the most interesting works!... and this is no exception... love the stylistic interpretations , her hair and expressions and the blacks... as I get older I too am drawn to the clothes and styles and people of the 30's and 40's ( I am addicted to a variety of BBC tv shows that take place in this era )... guess it is a way to understand my parents... anyway this is a beautiful work as always from you.

Peter Pinckney
09-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Sandy,

my life began in 1941................. I remember women looking just like your painting...........all of them ......caring, worried ( but trying not to show it!) and to a young male child.......utterly adorable ( Yes I loved Jane Russell..........Marylin..........Sophia.......... .all the women who paraded across that silver screen......) but most of all ........... the real women who were close to me as a kid ( I never saw my Father until I was 4 years old....)........ your painting took me back to being a young boy surrounded by the women left to care for their children during a really hard time!

Brilliant portrayal Love!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

pat1940
09-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Sandy, what a great lady this is, even if you had not titled it WaitingFor Him, you can tell she is waiting and that is definate with that expression on her face, wonderful job on this, what is not to like:):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
09-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks so much Gary. I too enjoy these shows.:)

Alexandra
09-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Dear Peter, thank you so very much for sharing and your generous comment. Very much appreciated dear friend. I really enjoyed working on this piece and took two weeks to work with her. I wanted to show how much she loved him and was so thankful to have him back home again.
A special time to be be born Peter! What a blessing that your father came back home to see his precious little boy. I can imagine his joy to be united with his loved ones. These times seems so "electric" to me.
(I have more to say-I will send a PM)

Thanks so much dear Pat!