PDA

View Full Version : My places

Aged P
08-31-2011, 04:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm doing a series of paintings to provide people who want to think, pray, meditate, contemplate or whatever, with a place in their mind where they can be on their own for a while.

My daughter will probably market them as cards, fridge magnets etc, but if that doesn't work out, then they're still relaxing and fun to paint, so I'd settle for that.:) They need a little more tweaking but are past the WIP stage.

Phil

Alexandra
08-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Phil, I love these. These are fantastic in thought, view, and your painting. I think this would be a fantastic idea to market these.

PICASO41
08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Serenity now :)

Mike

gxhpainter2
08-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Phil.. all great images that speak directly to their purpose.. very very well done.

Lima
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Phil, thank you for showing us these places ... I think I need one of them. They are beautiful and with your digit.

Nice to see you posting:cool:

MSIE
09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
great idea! I especially like the painting of the rock inmidst of green ocean ... well done! :)

D Akey
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
What a groovy idea!

Meditating on it could be a really cool way of waiting for compositions and themes to come forward.

I get that your special space it to be totally above it all . . . vast open views. . . creating a feeling of freedom, and not being limited by physics and bodies and so forth. It seems you are looking to create a relationship between the figure and the environment that implies troubles and cares and responsibilities and all the grounding stuff, if any, are far away by going inward.

That's cool. And certainly not something that photography could do better, unless it was someone good at compositing.

What I see though here are different places with roughly the same message or tone that would appeal to the same audience more or less. If you're trying to cover the waterfront, you may want to make some ideal scenes that are a little more varied to suit different tastes. Earth Energy ones, Water energy, a grotto, a dell for those who like to feel embraced by nature or what have you, rather than above it (for example). . .

Granted they would probably be more complex to paint. But maybe not.

Don't know if you need it for graphic interest, but you could conceivably play with size relationships in the moon one, and also use some of the tricks that imply distance, like atmospheric perspective in the green vista one.

Just thinking aloud, Aged P. I really like the idea and what you're coming up with so far. Keep polishing and honing it until it's a real gem, cause that's what I'm seeing these leading to.

:):):):):):):):):):)

Aged P
09-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi people, many thanks for all the kind words,

I painted them while listening to an Internet Radio Channel called Nirvana.

Some of the more modern relaxation techniques ask you select a place that is yours and add a few personal features. If you're wound up at the time ,that's not as easy as it sounds, so these are neutral scenes aimed at pleasing most people. You or they, can always add a few possessions associated with good times, from memories, later.

OK, I'm now off to talk to D.Akey a little further down the page!:)

Phil

Aged P
09-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi D.Akey,

A thoughtful, gentle and accurate critique, as usual.

You are clearly, as am I, a person who need their back covered to be truly comfortable.:) I'm going to try a few, from that point of view, caves, cabins etc. . My space is a top floor room in Paris, in an otherwise secure, empty house. Wide view across the city from one of those little balconies set in the side of a Mansard roof. One of my mental bolt-ons usually has S&W on the grips! To overuse the word of the moment a little more. i am "passionate" about personal space.:) Clint still meditates, so if it's good enough for Dirty Harry it's good enough for me!:cool:

Tweaking. I'm between a rock and a hard place here. Keep it simple so it sticks in the memory, like an Icon, or introduce some depth and improve the positioning and relative sizes of things? Which. is where Artrage of course triumphs once again. I can do both.

This old one might meet the Water Energy theme.

Anyway, you've given me a lot to think about, so I'll go and make tea and then wrestle the iPad from my wife.:)

Phil

Aged P
09-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Last Reply for now, I promise.:)

Many thanks to Sandy, who is as enthusiastic and positive off Forum as on.

Thank you young lady! ;)

Phil

D Akey
09-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Brilliant. I love the way you've filled the space. It's a great symmetrical composition, which is symbolic of perfection in itself in this context. I can hear the waterfall drowning out any outside disturbances. . . sorta like organic white noise. And I can taste the mist rising up. Really solid. Love it.

Go Phil Go!!!!!

Didn't know you're living in Paris. Sold you English place in time? So you and Pinckney have made it to France to live. You're like a couple ex-Pats, Phil and Peter Pinckney, two P's in a Parisian Pod that's a little Toulouse.

Aged P
09-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi D.Akey,

Paris is only my Virtual place.

I'm still in Middle Earth, England.:)

Phil

Alexandra
09-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Reply for now, I promise.:)

Many thanks to Sandy, who is as enthusiastic and positive off Forum as on.

Thank you young lady! ;)

Phil

These are wonderful Phil, and I appreciate that kind friend.
You've inspired me to paint something in reference to my feelings of this forum. Very much like your paintings of peace and contentment.

cym
11-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Phil! I was wondering if you were still around the forum. I like all these imaginations, but the last one posted is certainly my favorite.
Hope all is well with you.

kenmo
11-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Delight paintings.... thanks for posting....:):):)

gxhpainter2
11-24-2011, 10:59 AM
excellent work.. unique in your approach and subject matter...:)

justjean
11-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Lovely, soft and gentle paintings with though provoking scenes

Mairzie Dotes
11-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Aged P,
We must be connected in some way because what it takes for me to
rise above the day's unwelcomed surprises, or boredom, or tedious
house work even :eek: ... is to go outdoors. The lawn chair that I ease
back into often takes me on a metaphorical flight pattern to parts
unknown. Just admiring the trees, the sky, cloud formations, birds,
even assorted bugs in flight suggests the same comforting sensations
as your paintings evoke.

Wether it be on a solitary boulder above the fray, watching the moon
as it slowly moves across the evening sky, etc. are all examples of
experiencing comfort in solitude and awareness that there are places
that can calm the mind and re energize the spirit, something that you
have imagined and well projected with your engaging art. We need not
travel to the far ends of the earth to seek freedom and repose. As
your touching artistry seems to indicate ... a beautiful sunset will do
just fine. :)

waheednasir
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
wonderful pieces Aged P! peaceful and soothing with a nice vast scenery. they work very well to enhance the mood and the feel.
nice compositions too..:).

:).

Caesar
11-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Dear Aged P, Your creativity led You to paint a wondeful galleries of wide scenarios, light and colors. Excellent work!

mannafig
11-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Wonderful Aged P they really work.:):)

Albert
11-30-2011, 06:45 AM
very very well done