PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Hallucination

Tonyjazz
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Irene has finally passed. My 5Th hurricane. The winds were not so bad but, the rain was just incredible. Around 20 inches in 2 -1/2 days. No power, water, cable, net, phone for close to a million folks for 3 days. The river I live next to came and paid my house a visit for the first time in 25 years. Scary stuff................unnerving actually. Knocked down most of my coconuts and breadfruit from the trees. Gathered up the coconuts and used the ref photo for this artwork. Artrage Studio Pro 3.5......................................TJ

D Akey
08-25-2011, 01:04 PM
:):):):):) Nothin' quite like getting punched in the breadfruit and kicked in the coconuts. . . But ya made it. Nice painting.

scribbledsoul
08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm glad you are alright! And this painting is simply stunning! Well done! :)

coops
08-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Pleased to hear that you are fine Tony and this is a fine painting too with a lot of imagination. Well done:)

justjean
08-26-2011, 12:20 AM
from near disaster comes this beautiful painting, happy your ok :)

gxhpainter2
08-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Tony.. sounds like you really went through it...with Irene... great image from all that...:):) hope things return to normal soon...;)

GekkouJin
08-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Nice painting.
I hope that the dammage after the hurricane was not to big
and that you stil can do something with the coconuts

Greetings,
GekkouJin

pat1940
08-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Hi Tony, we are just preparing for the hurricane here, Wilmington NC, glad you are okay and great painting of the coconuts, take care and hope you dont have to much mess to clean up:):):)

Alexandra
08-27-2011, 02:27 AM
So glad you are okay Tony! It is so scary when nature comes at you like this.
Great photo work and painting here!

Tonyjazz
08-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the concern and the great comments. Looks like Irene is turning into a powerful storm. The amount of rain associated with this is frightening. We broke a record for 17" of rain in one day when Irene came by here. I hope people heed the evacuation orders and not take any chances. The amount of rain is going to be surreal................
I included a pic of the huge amount of rain that happened here next to my house. This never happened before, ever!
Ragers on the east coast be careful please.............

kenmo
08-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Glad you survived... Irene is supposed to hit Nova Scotia late Sunday, early Monday....