PDA

View Full Version : Mountain View

Bobbi
08-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I have been working on getting texture with the knife. This is a start.

scribbledsoul
08-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Neat! I love the texture of the water, especially! I have found the knife especially challenging for doing anything besides simple blending. How did you do that? Well done! :)

Bobbi
08-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Scribbledsoul, I used the roller with the thick and smooth option, the canvas is smooth with no texture. I rolled several layers of paint, couple different colors. I worked the knife over the paint You have to play with the knife back and forth over the paint. It tends to break it up with the texture. I guess I can only suggest you play with the roller and knife. Sometimes, I simply don't always know how I got some results. I am beginning to think my middle name is "serendipity".

scribbledsoul
08-25-2011, 03:02 PM
That's a good middle name! I don't know what mine would be, but I bet it would have something to do with being happily neurotic. :p

Thanks for sharing your techniques, that is really useful! I will have some fun with those! :D

iceaxe
08-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I like this, a very pleasant scene somewhere in Artrage National Park, I have seen one or two pictures of the place on this forum before, but few people have ventured in there far enough to bring back any good insights. I am certainly looking forward to seeing more. Groovy cement like mountain sides that might have been stressed by recent earthquake tremors :cool:

coops
08-25-2011, 11:31 PM
And a very good start it is too Bobbi, well done:)

justjean
08-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Bobbi, a lovely painting with GREAT water :)

Alexandra
08-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Wow Bobbi, impressive! I need to practice the mountains...very difficult to me!

sabena
08-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi Bobby wonderful painting:)