PDA

View Full Version : Oodles of Pen Doodles

Alexandra
08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome all pen doodlers and serious pen artists.

hildee
08-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Fantastic, Alexandra! I love anything black & white :)

MSIE
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
those are cool :) :)
I'm gonna give the pen a try as soon as I'm back from work ;)

Alexandra
08-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Hildee and MSIE, can't wait to see what you upload.:)

gxhpainter2
08-24-2011, 12:18 PM
just smooth pens and a little bit of other stuff...secret ingredients..:p:p

Alexandra
08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Gary, I love it. Fantastic! I'm so glad that I checked in before I called it a day.:)

MSIE
08-24-2011, 03:02 PM
first try with the ink pen .. it seems that I can't live without colours :D :confused:

terrygillooly
08-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I love the pen tool! It's so versatile. I doodled these a while ago while experimenting with different settings.

Alexandra
08-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow MSIE, modern and sophisticated, very cool design!

Terry, it so great to see you. You've been so kind and helpful to me with the pen. I hope I can achieve what you have here, fantastic work!!! More please!
Do you prefer a specific canvas? I've been using 100% smooth or cell.

gxhpainter2
08-25-2011, 02:01 AM
MSIE ..Great work what cool colors and the texture looks like a handmade paper...

terrygillooly - great doodle sketches!...

AT-TA
08-25-2011, 05:45 AM
This is a wonderful thread, Sandy. Very good idea. And we have very good pentool to use here in AR, just to learn how. I love sketching and i will come up with something also. I like all the lovely sketches before this.... am excited to scribble up something... but have to wait until the evening comes.:)

Alexandra
08-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Thanks dear AT. I look forward to your doodles, I know they are going to be spectacular!
I made this one for our sweet Pat who is always thoughtful with us all.
All with Pen, masking tool, and the birds in the nature stamps.
I want to upload it to several other project sections as well. I love this song.:o

Alexandra
08-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Deep within a hidden chamber lies the queens living bowl. A warning precedes the intruder: "Remove, and you shall die." "Touch and you shall live." "Where, no one shall know."
The archeologists stood both in awe and fear as they felt the energy begin to grow in power.
There seemed to be sparks or stars of light springing from an eternal plant hovering over the bowl that contained no liquid.

They turned without so much as a word and sealed the tomb. Humbled they took this knowledge with them to their graves.

Bobbi
08-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Ya know, it is becoming a full-time job trying to keep up with all the delicious postings in the forum. I hadn't seen this thread. I will whip out the pen and see what comes out of it. Thanks for starting this thread, Sandy. The last two you submitted are fun to look at. The patterns and the visual effects are fascinating.

Gray
08-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Heh. I started this back when it was just black and white, and then I had the dickens of a time molesting it into a form I liked. It's missing about 50% of the original design, and that's the 400th iteration of her face. I am so very clumsy with the pen, but it is such very good fun.

Alexandra
08-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Hi Bobbi, I had forgotten the pen until Gray mentioned the tapered edge setting that was in the update.
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful ideas, and thank you for your nice comments!

Gray, this is great, are you kidding? I am working on one that is giving me a hard time. I am having to adjust the settings for each part of the face. Then I add a layer and move it below the black lined layer and color it. Then I forget to go back to that layer and I use the pen on the colored layer, so much so that I cannot go back and I combine and retrace. I like it so much though that I want to keep trying.
I have so much respect for cartoonists and comic book artists. I wish I had worked more with my drawing and sketching when I was your age though. It has brought me so much pleasure now in my life. This is worth more to me than money or things.
Forgive your mom here, I do babble on sometimes son. :p:p:p:p:p

Gray
08-27-2011, 05:28 AM
The tapered edge is delicious. :D I'm trying to squeeze as much art as I can in between class and work (I get my Bachelors in March!!!!!) so I've got senior projects and papers coming out my ears now, and finding time for art is a little tricky, but I manage. :)

I may be wrong, but I thought that the purpose of inside jokes was to make everyone else feel awkward and leap to wrong conclusions, Mother. Am I far off?

Alexandra
08-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Now what did I go and do that for, well I will re-edit then son. Silly me.:o
You could probably leave your comment for further confusion.;):o
Great going on the Bachelor's-you will enjoy the fruit of your labor.
That is such great news. I know you've worked so hard. If it is not art related,
don't forget about your art. To me it is so much like music, those things in life that don't cost much and bring so much pleasure.

Alexandra
08-31-2011, 02:21 AM
Here is Sookie with ponytail, Pam, her grandfather and cousin.

Alexandra
09-12-2011, 11:52 PM
All pen, with the exception of the circles. They were made with the masking tool and effects.

terrygillooly
09-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Do you prefer a specific canvas? I've been using 100% smooth or cell.

I just use the default :). (Sorry for the late reply!)

Alexandra
09-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks Terry. BTW, adorable comic!

terrygillooly
09-14-2011, 04:05 PM
BTW, adorable comic!

Heh, thanks :). Actually, I just color it. It's written and drawn by a friend of mine (using, come to think of it, the ArtRage Ink Pen).

To keep from getting too far off-topic:

Alexandra
09-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Ah cute Terry!
I am working on Blade right now....the pen is extremely helpful with him.
I sketched him with pencil first and then airbrushed on top layer. The pen is great for the exterior lines, but I deleted the sketch-before I decided to upload it as a WIP. Anyway, the pen is going to be a huge factor in this WIP especially for his fun tattoos.
If you have a chance-I would love your advice and any help.
Thanks!