PDA

View Full Version : Resonance

gxhpainter2
08-21-2011, 03:31 PM
colors and structure work and resonate ... a geometric exploration. hope you like this...:):)

Alexandra
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Gary, I haven't seen one of yours that I didn't like. Beautiful!!!

L Skylar Brown
08-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Your sense of balance, color, and composition really shine here. I'm always so impressed with your works.

gxhpainter2
08-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Alexandra, thanks for the gracious comment :):):):cool:
Skylar - thanks for the amazing comment.. very encouraging for me to hear .:):):):cool::cool:

sabena
08-22-2011, 08:17 AM
HI like all your painting you have a great style:rolleyes::)

kenmo
08-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Another fantastic masterpiece....:):):)

pat1940
08-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Gary, I agree with Sandy, there is not one that I can say I dislike at all, (not just saying that either) how you come up with these beautiful designs just boggles my mind, of course it is always boggled lol:Dgreat job my friend:):):):):):)

gxhpainter2
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
sabena... thanks I am glad you like my abstract images..:):)
kenmo and pat... thanks for your great comments and continued support for my work..:):):cool:

coops
08-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Wheels within wheels, worlds within worlds, another fine painting Gary:)

D Akey
08-23-2011, 05:48 AM
This one feels to me like an assemblage, only with the colors setting an overall patina, rather than being descriptive, lending it a shallow depth to the surface. Some of the values describe and the ones that come from piggybacking on the different colors' values are adding a level of chaos and equality of emphasis. So not knowing what is important, the whole impact becomes the first read. And then some shapes begin to take dominance.

Therein lies at least one possible interpretative relationship, that inferring to look where in the world that happens and see if the analogy plays out.

Again, what do you think of this one?

shechat
08-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Nice one Gary, its like looking through layer of cellophane

scribbledsoul
08-23-2011, 08:56 AM
How do you do that? Your creativity and imagination always amazes me. Wonderfully composed, and so much fun to look at, as always! :D

gxhpainter2
08-23-2011, 09:05 AM
scribblesoul, Sheila, and katie... thanks for peeking in and leaving gracious comments.. :):);)

D Akey... if I follow :

"the ones that come from piggybacking on the different colors' values are adding a level of chaos and equality of emphasis. So not knowing what is important, the whole impact becomes the first read. And then some shapes begin to take dominance. "

this was kind of a meditation on the ripples on a pond theme... and extrapolating that to ripples of light and sound how they can first sound like chaos but then you can pick out specific shapes and they create a form of their own... a resonance within themselves... thanks for your astute observation...:):);):cool::cool: Like listening to rock & roll to someone who has only heard classical music...:D

MSIE
08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
of course I took a look at this painting as soon as you posted it .. and as usual, I opened it full screen and ... well just looked at it for quite some time :D

on the right, I am seeing a computer screen, or maybe a biiiig Cintiq, or even one of those interactive whiteboards ... the artist possibly left the studio, but I imagine what he's been doing: trying to recreate the scene outside as seen through the windows (on the left).

to make a long story short - I like your "Resonance" painting very much! :)