PDA

View Full Version : Road to Tangiers

gxhpainter2
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
silk banners wave, the spires of the fortress shine in the distance, the heat of the desert bakes..:):)

screenpainter
08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
really nice Gary. easy on the eyes. that's a beauty. I like the collage effect.

Juz
08-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Stunning, love the colours :):)

Lima
08-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Beautiful, colorfull, dynamic, geometry... lines and codes... wow beautiful Gary.

Lima
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Beautiful Gary, geometry, lines and codes... beautifull colors... congratulations.

Jasminek
08-17-2011, 11:29 PM
It is a fascinating paintings, all those colors and shapes.:)

semd74
08-18-2011, 12:41 AM
As usual, Gary, this painting is bursting with color and I really like this pattern you have created...great job my friend !!!

Alexandra
08-18-2011, 01:13 AM
I feel as if I've just bitten into one of my favorites chocolate bars "Peppermint Patty" and here it comes...
I am standing on a huge sand dune....barefeet.....the warm mind blowing my hair gently in the wind.....and suddenly I am lifted effortlessly to an oasis nearby with beautiful men carrying low cal milkshakes and french fries.:eek:
Whew Gary...you need a warning label with your paintings...:D:p:p:p

Rowena
08-18-2011, 05:11 AM
How absolutely beautiful - its a textural delight!... and your choice of color very fine indeed :D :D

jibes
08-18-2011, 07:07 AM
" It is a fascinating paintings" said Jasmine and I agree!

gxhpainter2
08-18-2011, 07:28 AM
jibes, Rowena,Sandy,Steve,Jasimine, Orianie,Juz and screenpainter... wow thanks to all of you for your great comments and appreciation of this painting.. all of your comments and support for the abstract is heartwarming and puts a big smile on my face..!!:D:D

D Akey
08-18-2011, 09:32 AM
This gives me Hope. . . and I'm looking around for Crosby as well. . .

Nice abstract. I think you have pushed closer to a regular scene, only using your abstracting chops. I think it's to good effect. Fills the space nicely. . . indeed it feels full and like there is yet a lot more off the canvas if one only pulls back or turn. Not a lot of abstracts do that, of the ones I've seen.

So it's a very interesting experience to see more outside the canvas using your design as a visual language sort of unfolding in my head. It's a bit like a numeric sequence that once you get the "why" of the numbers, you can extrapolate far more of the sequence.

The sort cropping maintaining the upward angle is interesting in that it is above eye level slightly and so I am picturing who would be milling about below.

Very cool sense of place. Nice shapes.

gxhpainter2
08-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Mr D Akey....Bing is over talking to Dorothy Lamour..:p. glad you like this... I seem to bounce around a bit in my subject and style.... from the thin air of hard edge abstractions to more "scenic" motifs like this one... but I appreciate your analysis of it ... many thanks ...quite a shift from "Tilt and Shift" that I did just prior to this...;);):D

AT-TA
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
This one makes me smile, such wonderful colors put together, it must have been a splendid experience what happened on that road to Tangiers.;)

gxhpainter2
08-18-2011, 03:09 PM
AT-TA ... a road to exotic mysteries and rich colors, scents and sights.... I am pleased it brought a smile to you...:):);)