PDA

View Full Version : Roofs

Lima
08-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Roofs in a small Village.:)

Juz
08-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Very cool Oriane :cool::cool::):)
Love the use of the paint tube to get that really heavy impasto.

sabena
08-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Oi Orianelima fantastica pintura gosto como tu pintas, um estilo impressionista. Gosto imenso dos pormenores imprecisos mas que dão um efeito ao longe definido. adoro as cores quentes que imprimes na tela. Bem feito.:D

Vou enviar-te umas fotos do algarve para tu pintares.Tem casas regionais muito giras com chaminé tipicas.

http://fotos.sapo.pt/bolos/pic/0004fgza/s340x255 http://www.portugaltours.com.pt/userfiles/image/blog/casas-tipicas-da-ericeira.jpg

Hi Orianelima fantastic as you like painting spots, an impressionist style. I like a lot of details that give inaccurate but a definite effect in the distance. I love the warm colors to print on the screen. Well done.:D

I'll send you some pictures of the Algarve for you to pintares.Tem regional houses very typical tours with fireplace

eighty+
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
hey hey hey Lima thats the style I like ok if I do a copy as pratice

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D----E/S

Alexandra
08-15-2011, 11:21 AM
So beautiful dear Oriane. I love it.

Wonderful photographs too Sabena.

gxhpainter2
08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Oriane... beautiful lush colors and thick paint... a wonderful painting...:cool::cool:;)

alkratzer
08-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Beautiful Senor Lima! Love the contrast of the muted greens and sunny terra cottas

best regards -- Al

AT-TA
08-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Oriane, this is beautiful, as usually. I love the roofs and mysterious greens behind the buildings. Good to see your painting again.:)

jibes
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Oriane. I think this is very well done. I like the rich colors and textures!

coops
08-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Can smell the oil paint all the way over here dear Oriane, another wonderful painting dear friend:)

iceaxe
08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Like the 3D hotch potch assemblage of roof tiles :)

Strandy
08-16-2011, 05:51 AM
I love this form of semi fractal expressions. The houses under the roofs are like the village under the palms. Theses natural self-similar forms resemble the overall structure in the detail. I think it's the key to outstanding and very harmonic composition. Well done Lima :)

D Akey
08-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Points up the contrast between the segmented man made structures and the natural surroundings.

One of the things that stand out in my mind about tropical kinds of areas is the bright man made color almost shouting to be heard above the bright, insistent colors of the environment.

Perhaps an audio comparison to the visual would be parrots in a jungle. There seems to be a natural effort on the part of the birds to be acknowledged, as if reminding themselves that they are alive and holding their own in such an overwhelming force of nature as a jungle where it would be easy to be swallowed up. I think of families with lots of kids each vying for attention.

In your painting, the very tiles on the roof become differentiated like musical notes. Well orchestrated, Doctor Lima. Bravo.

Lima
08-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Juz thank you; Sabena que bom que voce gostou e obrigado pelas fotos... qualquer hora desta eu pinto uma delas... um abraço para voce; hi 18 nice that you liked it; Alexandra and Gary happy that you liked it; hi my favorite bassist... great trio and great music Sir; Tara, Neil and Katie really appreciate your comments, thank you. Iceaxe thank you very much:); Strandy your comments are so well made thank you very much:)

Akey,

There are news around here, great flocks of noisy birds that many call parrots, parakeets and some others even parrots. Like them, we make much ado about mere words.

The name does not matter, obviously. The bright green of the feathers makes them almost disappear when hijack the leafy canopy of a large tree. Only exposed in flight against the sky.

If looking to go unnoticed, are conspicuous by the noise they make. The noise can be heard from afar and immediately draws attention. It may seem like a cry of joy or, at other times, the din of strife and contention. It is a much more visual than auditory, despite the numerous flocks which, from time to time, are in low and short flights always much shouting.

Comes a band of thirty or more birds, arrive without warning and with the disposal of large crowds of football team. Scare, at least the other birds, which soon leave the tree chosen for temporary perch, but are close by, watching.

Not all parrots scream. Many make sounds softer, more serious, almost chirping. Difficult to define a sound that recalls the creaking of ropes that stretch on the dock or the rustle of the bamboo-imperial in the wind. Agitation decreases slowly into silence. You can see then that they are busy, eating. Suddenly, a cry first, then another, the buzz starts, the first screams increases and a fly, then another and another follows ... Leave in successive flocks, filling the space sounds.

When they are further away, the noise becomes part of the background noise, and can only be realized if our attention look for it specifically. Almost we never are aware of things happening around us. Almost we never realize what is happening within us ...

At this time of the year, every late afternoon they fly over my house, believe me and it is so great and funny to hear them.

Thank you Akey.

Jasminek
08-16-2011, 10:51 AM
As usual, your painting is breathtakingly fantastic. Love your work and style.:)

screenpainter
08-16-2011, 05:01 PM
great colors. great scene. excellent. I loved the paint tube tiles as well.

Gray
08-16-2011, 07:08 PM
I leave this forum alone for split seconds, and KABOOOM! paint exploding off of the screen when I get back. Fantastic! It's so dimensional! I love your use of color as always: it's so brilliant, in every meaning of the word. You are so good with light.

L Skylar Brown
08-16-2011, 07:37 PM
this just might be one of your best - at least in my eyes.

silvy
08-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I love your materic painting Oriane, like Katie says , seems to smell oil paint:):). Great work!

Lima
08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Jasmine, friendly screen, Gray, Skylar and Silvy thank you very much.

Gray I am happy you are back. Good for you.

Gray
08-18-2011, 06:16 AM
It's good to be back! Some fantastic stuff in here, ya'll are getting super good at this new 3.5 thingie. :D Pushes me to draw and create more, emulate some of the new, cool things you guys have discovered.