PDA

View Full Version : Fun with stickers

Bobbi
08-14-2011, 03:39 AM
I took an older painting, the window frame, edited it, and made it into a sticker. I also took a photograph I had taken of the Prallsville Mill, in Stockton, New Jersey and made a sticker of that, giving it texture. I combined the two to make this painting. The possibilities of making our own stickers out of our own paintings and photographs is intriguing to me. Using the stickers to make a totally different painting is also intriguing.

silvy
08-14-2011, 03:45 AM
...Using the stickers to make a totally different painting is also intriguing.

I agree ... it's really to try!:D Congratulations, effect successful

coops
08-14-2011, 03:48 AM
Like looking through the castle window, well done Bobbi :)

D Akey
08-14-2011, 05:55 AM
I must look into what stickers are. :D

Very nice image. A fresh handling of a pretty scene.

gxhpainter2
08-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Bobbi... i love this really a nice effect... you definitly qualify for one of the premier AR scientists !!;););)

Bobbi
08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I am seeing the practicality of stickers. Especially using your own paintings, etc. They can be manipulated to be positioned where you want them. They have their own layers and you can flatten them so you can use the knife to reshape them. I am seeing how they can be used to edit or update older paintings. Some paintings I have done in the past did not exactly please me. But I couldn't bear to discard them. Now I am seeing I can reuse them and add other elements by use of stickers. Oh the possibilities!!

semd74
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
WOW...this is fascinating stuff and I like what you have done with this...keep experimentating and hopefully you can share a tutorial with us later !!!

Bobbi
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
When I figure out how to do a tutorial, I will most certainly share. In the meantime, as I do these, I will try to explain how I get where I ended up. :D Hopefully you will be able to see what I have done.

Alexandra
08-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Beautiful Bobbi!