PDA

View Full Version : Kumquats

PaperTree
08-08-2011, 06:07 PM
This is a digital pencil drawing of a traditional medium tutorial on how to draw with pencils. I think it turned out quite well. Looks real to me.

silvy
08-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi :)I agree, it seems to me very successful.
I really like the colors you used

kenmo
08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Delightful painting...love the colors....

D Akey
08-09-2011, 03:28 AM
The kumquats project like children depicting the sun. I love your lines which follow a different pattern of marks, yet they are very similar. Really nice on every level -- color, composition, stylized and hand done feeling. All very nice.

gxhpainter2
08-09-2011, 03:41 AM
PT...a very nice pencil drawing.. loving the colors and little hand drawn border line...:):):)

PaperTree
08-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Hi :)I agree, it seems to me very successful.
I really like the colors you used

Thank you Silvy, I used the Inktense Pencils (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14969&highlight=Derwent+Inktense) colour pallet for my colours to try to make it as realistic as I could to the use of Pencils. I think if I wanted it to be more realistic to the photo I would have use the colour sampler pip pet from the tools section. I'm so glad you like it, thank you. :D

PaperTree
08-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Delightful painting...love the colors....

Thank you very much Kenmo.

PaperTree
08-09-2011, 05:36 AM
The kumquats project like children depicting the sun. I love your lines which follow a different pattern of marks, yet they are very similar. Really nice on every level -- color, composition, stylized and hand done feeling. All very nice.

Thank you very much D Akey, using the orange background meant that I did not need to be too particular in filling in all the gaps. Indeed if I had, I don't think I would have got some of the texture of the canvas showing through, which makes all the difference to the illusion. I love ArtRage, it is so true to life and I think just as arty, in my opinion there should not be any snobbery between traditional art and digital art they are just as easy or hard to do according to your artistic skills. So I love your description of children depicting the sun. Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it.

PaperTree
08-09-2011, 05:38 AM
PT...a very nice pencil drawing.. loving the colors and little hand drawn border line...:):):)

Thank you very much gxhpainter, I wonted to put shadow detailing to the boarder but I didn't trust myself and thought I would ruin it. Maybe on my next project. Please you like it and thanks for your lovely comment.

coops
08-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Great light and shadow in your fine painting, well done Papertree:)

PaperTree
08-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Great light and shadow in your fine painting, well done Papertree:)

Thank you very much Coops, I really appreciate your visit and your kind comments. I really enjoyed this project, I have been struggling with watercolour work so I may change mediums for a while to see how we go.